Chapter 4

Monday

There is no school for any Bryce today. We have grans funeral to attend. No one has talked to me, they think it's my fault because I was there. It wasn't my fault, I know it. The person to blame is my mom, that bitch. She's hiding something too, hell my dad must be too if Kyle was his brother.

Jj and I are sitting in the very back row and nobody has the courage to talk, let alone look at me. I'm not crying anymore. The family hour sucks. I think the few dirty looks I've received are because my fresh cuts are showing. My ones from yesterday morning and night. I don't care though, I'm not embarrassed anymore. I think everyone is a bit intimidated by them actually.

I want to know the story behind 'Kyle.' Who was he and how'd he die? Why did my mo- Annie cut? I knew that only one person would answer my questions, but they'd have to wait.

"Is the family ready for others to join?" The funeral director asked.

"I think so," My grandpa, Aaron, said. People came and went. Nobody stayed for long, just to catch up with my family.

It hurt when Harry introduced the family to some distant cousins and left me out. He just skipped over me and nobody thought twice or corrected him.

"Come on Jj," I whispered, "We're leaving." I picked him up and we went to my car.

Back at the empty house I changed Jj and myself before packing for good. I packed everything in Jjs room, clothes wise as well as some toys. Then I moved onto my room. Clothes, a few pictures, for Jj when he got older, I grabbed my chargers, laptop, and my money. I have saved up some from babysitting and I have my secret bank account.

After was everything was packed I quickly put it in my car and got Jj in. The trunk was full as well as some in the back and important things in the front seat. I also left two notes, one in Jjs room and one in mine. Jjs read,

'Jack and I are taking a trip to get away for a bit.'

Mine said,

'If you're reading this I've left. I can't handle everything from everyone. Jj and I have decided to leave. I don't know if we'll come back. Obviously you don't care. Annie, I didn't kill gran, you breaking your promise did. Harry and Shane, you dickheads have made me how I am. Thanks for the slap across the face and the wake-up call. -Addie.'

My note was much longer but whatever. Jj and I were finally leaving this fucking hell.

"How about Cali?" I asked Jj.

The only response I got was a yawn. I smiled and turned on classical music so he'd take a nap. After another half hour Jj was completely out so I decided to turn on Sleeping With Sirens and Pierce The Veil.

Around 11:30 I choose to find a hotel. There was a nice looking comfort inn nearby so I choose there. Before checking in I grabbed Jj and I a snack from Taco Bell. We ate at McDonald's earlier around 5:30 but I felt hungry again. We went through the drive though and went to get a room for the night. While I figured out where we were Jj watched t.v.

We drove for nine hours and made it nearly halfway through Oklahoma. California is going to take sometime to get there but that's okay, I'm willing to wait.

After looking over to see Jj sleeping I switched the t.v. off and did the same. I was exhausted.

---

A/N

hmm. any feedback/ questions? vote.

--Alexx