Chapter 8

2 Days later

Addie

Apartment hunting is going great! We found a perfect one not to far from campus. It has two rooms, a bath and a half, kitchen, and living room area. It's really nice. Emmett and I have already started taking stuff over to there, but we haven't asked Jj where he wants to stay. He's been having fun here with the other boys. I want him to come with us, but I kinda want him to stay, I just don't want him to feel pressured.

I sighed and grabbed a water bottle from the fridge. I drank half of it then walked out back.

"Hey Jj, hey Grant!" I yelled. They looked at me and Jj came running.

"Hey Addie!"

"What are you guys doing?" I asked.

"Playing catch with a football," Jj said.

"Sounds like fun! I hate to pull you away but will you come upstairs with me for one second?"

"I guess. But I'll be right back Grant. Don't leave!" he said.

We walked upstairs and sat on the floor, Emmett joined us.

"We wanted to ask you an important question," Emmett said.

"Jj, we won't be mad if you say no, okay? Whatever your answer is we're okay with it, everyone is," I explained.

"What's the question?"

"Addie and I are moving out. Do you want to come with us or stay here?" Emmett asked.

"I want to stay," he said.

"Okay," I said. I felt like crying, but I didn't want Jj to feel bad.

"Go back and play buddy," Emmett said.

When Jj left Emmett shut the door. I sat down on the bed and a tear creeped out.

"Addie," Emmett said.

"Yes?"

"You can't cry."

"I'm not."

"You are. Stop."

"I just," I sighed.

"We've raised him, I get it. But he wants to stay, you can't keep him from his family."

I remembered yelling at my parents about taking custody of him. I could do that but that would make him sad. I've talked to my parents since then, we needed time to calm down and I think we did.

"I'm done," I said wiping my eyes.

"Good, can we eat now?"

I nodded and we went to see what everyone was up to. Tyler and Kyle were grilling.

"Addie!" Tyler yelled, "Come Here!"

I walked his way. "Yes?"

"You guys are leaving tomorrow?"

"Yes."

"Are you- Is he," he hesitated.

"No, Jj is staying here."

"Okay." It was a little awkward after that so I slowly walked away, back towards Emmett.

Emmett was in the middle of a conversation with Harry.

"Yeah, I hate that," Emmett said.

"Just so annoying," Harry replied.

"Hey, we can go somewhere," I looked to Harry then back to Emmett, "anywhere else."

"Addie, can we talk?" Harry asked.

"Nah, I'm good."

"Please?"

I looked at Emmett amd he nodded.

"Fine."

We walked inside and sat at the table. "Addie, I'm sorry."

"For what?"

"Hitting you, I did it in rage and I feel awful."

"Okay," I started to stand up.

"Wait," I stopped, "I'm sorry for. for not helping you when Shane-"

"I get it okay, but saying sorry doesn't make it okay. I. I hurt myself because of Shane. I needed you and you just laughed. You'd been so nice to me before him, and then you changed and you're not who I remembered," I wiped tears from my eyes, "you changed when I needed you most."

"Addie, I'm so sorry, I know you needed me but I couldn't help it. I noticed you were gone first, I found you're note the day of grans funeral. I felt terrible but I was so mad at you for leaving and not telling me. We used to be close, you used to tell me everything. Your my baby twin. I'm sorry Addie," he started crying, "can you forgive me? Please?"

"Harry, don't cry," I wiped my eyes again, "I forgive you, don't cry."

He stood up and hugged me, "I'm so sorry Addie, me and you will be best friends again, okay? I'm gonna fix this."

After a few more minutes we splashed our face with cold water and laughed at each other. We walked back outside and Emmett looked at me questioning, I gave him a look that said later.

Dinner was done and we all sat spread out on blankets and folding chairs.

"How's the food taste Jack?" Annie asked.

"It tastes good, thank you."

"Do you need anymore Jj?" I asked.

"Can I have another hot dog mom?" He looked at me.

He's done this a few times but not many. he calls me mom because he doesn't know another.

"you sure can," Annie said, thinking he meant her.

"Not you," Jj said, He brought me his plate.

"oh," she said disappointed.

"Jj, my name is Addie. I'm your sister, not your mother," I said.

After all that Emmett and I went back to our room to finish packing. Kyle, Harry, and Grant said they'd help us move tomorrow. We want to be done by tomorrow night.

I told Emmett about Harry and mines conversation earlier and then decided to go to bed. We have a big day tomorrow with moving and all.

--

A/N

long wait on the update. sorry :/

vote

--Alexx