Chapter Fifty-Four- Falling.

I just need "Last Time" by Ariana Grande in instrumental. Anyone know where I can get that?

December 1, 2019. 10:45
Gotham City
~~Emma~~

"I can't believe that you slept. In!

The door slammed open and the lights flashed on, which was completely unnecessary due to all the light flooding through my curtains.

In response to Willow's outburst, I grabbed the two pillows out from under my head, throwing one at her and covering my face with the other, pretending to hide from the light. Actually, I'd been awake for almost three hours now, just lying in bed and pretending to be getting a much-needed-rest when Bruce or the others came to check on me. I was too excited to sleep, and too exhausted to be ready for today

All that needed to be done was for me to get dressed, right? The set-up was finished yesterday, I made sure that the flowers had been delivered after my patrol, Rick had popped earlier to say that the caterers had arrived...I couldn't think of anything else.

Willow yanked off my covers with surprising strength for someone six months pregnant.

"Emma Mary Grayson. Get up before I set your bed on fire."

That was the only motivation I needed to finally get up.

"Fiiiiine." I moaned, swinging my legs over the side of the bed. "Where's Kaldur?"

"Zee's keeping him trapped downstairs. You know how superstitious she is." Willow said.

"I know."

According to Zatanna, it was bad luck for the groom to see the bride before the ceremony on the day of the wedding. So instead of barging downstairs,  I grabbed the brush on my bedside table and repeatedly ran it through my hair, which was still damp from the shower I'd taken after patrol.

"M'gann and Connor and Artemis and Wally are downstairs, Shayera said to call her up when you were done getting ready because she wants to give you a pep talk, Bruce took Jason to stop an armed robbery but they should be back soon, and Mara and the girls have been forbidden to get into their dresses until thirty minutes before the wedding starts. And don't worry about them getting to the food, Alfred has a breakfast buffet for everyone."

At that, my stomach started to growl.

Willow smiled at me and stuck her head out into the hall. "Richard! We need some food up here ASAP!" She stepped back into the room, then back out when another thought struck her. "If I have to come down there and get it myself it's not gonna be pretty!"

She closed the door and locked it, simultaneously turning on my playlist of Taylor Swift songs to wake me up.

Artemis, and M'gann came up a few minutes later, along with the dresses and my breakfast.

I grabbed a donut immediately, making Artemis laugh. I ate while they got dressed in these gorgeous blue dresses Willow and I had found at a boutique in star city and tiny flowered headbands, and Willow got dressed in her maid of honor gown that was a light hue of lavender that matched the dresses.

"Will someone help me zip up the back of my dress for me? I swear it fit me fine last week, but..." Willow gestured to her growing baby bump. 

"Now you know the pain!" Artemis taunted in a friendly way, dressing Iris in a pretty pink dress.

M'gann laughed lightly while I helped Willow, and then sat me down in a chair. She pulled my hair back into a smooth bun, with a small portion of hair curling in front of my ears. I allowed them to put on a light application of makeup, and then all that was left was for me to get into my dress.