Chapter Fifty-Three- Announcements

After an hour of failing at math, I am MORE THAN HAPPY to write this for you guys!!!

June 3, 2019. 08:29.

Watchtower.

~~Willow~~

It was like going through a whole roller coaster of emotions- scared, happy, anxious, nervous, joyful- all within one second.

Connor, couldn't stop smiling, and just one grin, just the look in his eyes, somehow made me feel that everything was going to be okay.

"Recognize: Wildfire, B08. Connor Grace, A13."

We zeta'd to the Watchtower in time to be the first ones to welcome Emma and Kaldur back from their mission to stop Black Manta.

"Hey Willow! Hey Connor!" I'd seen her less than two hours ago, but she was energetically waving to me and Connor from across the mission room as if we hadn't seen each other in weeks.

"Hey Emma." I waved back, and so did Connor. "What are you so happy about?"

"Emmaaaaa!" A yellow-and-black blur jumped on Emma, hugging her tightly. Finch was followed by her big brother, his girlfriend. the speedsters, the Beetles, the Beast Twins, practically the entire junior team.

"I could say the same of you two." Emma grinned, setting Mara down on the ground. Before she could get grumpy again, Jason hefted her up in a piggyback, much to her delight. Tammy hugged Kaldur just to hide her obvious jealousy.

"Oh, well...where's the rest of the team?" I looked around for Rick, Wally, Artemis, and the others.

"Connor and I-"

"Willow!" Artemis hugged me gently, with little Iris tucked into a baby sling, which kept the baby close to her chest and took after her big sister's fashion.

"Hey, Ems!" Wally sped up to Emma from the memorial gardens and rubbed the top of her head, tugging several hairs out of her weary ponytail. 

"Wally! I'm not nine anymore!" Emma protested, much to her younger siblings' amusement.

"Well, in our hearts, you'll always be nine." I joked.

She grumbled, re-tying her ponytail. "You never even knew me when I was nine."

"Whispers and mutters don't work on me, Em." I sing-songed, ruffling her hair. Kaldur came to her rescue, quickly tying her hair back smoothly with expert fingers.

"What is it with everyone and my hair today?" Emma asked herself as her twin and his girlfriend walked up to the growing crowd, followed by M'gann and Superboy.

"So, Emma, you were telling me why you were so happy?" I asked loudly, trying to get back on topic. I needed an icebreaker before the announcement that Connor and I had.

"Well-" She was interrupted by the commotion caused when two green monkeys jumped on their brother-in-law, who just so happened to hate monkeys.

The wind generated by their motions blew an unfavorable scent towards me, and I began to feel somewhat green. "I-is someone wearing strong perfume or cologne?" I asked politely, holding a finger under my nose.

Emma sniffed in a very unladylike manner. "What do you mean?"

"Oh, I smell it too." Superboy grimaced at the overpowering scent of flowers and whatever it was as M'gann extracted Rachel and Gar from his hair.

Wonder Girl blushed, staring at her sneakers. "Sorry, it's probably me." She whispered.

"No, no, it's ok," I hiccuped, my hand moving to my mouth, "I'm just going to... Get some air." I ad-libbed, making a dash for the restroom.