Chapter Thirty-Four- Mother Box

Added a voice cast for my girls <3 Tell me what you think by checking the "view cast" link, either at the beginning or end of the chapter based on what device you're using!

I'm trying to put in as much as I can, so I hope you guys enjoy long chapters! :) 

June 3, 2018. 11:16
New Genesis
~~Willow~~

It seems as if Terra, Tammy, Emma, and I weren't the only one who had nightmares. Everyone on the team seemed to need to sleep in due to restlessness in the night. Vykin was more than patient, allowing us however long we needed. Apparently, New Genesis, Apokalips, and Wally still being alive was "Understandably a lot to take in."

He had good intentions, but this wasn't the worst we'd faced.

I think.

So La'gaan got his wish of sleeping in until noon, and those of us who were too anxious to sleep, such as the Flashes and myself, were free to wander the flying city.

That's right. Flying.

The city where Vykin and Dreamer lived in was miles wide, miles tall, and somehow floated miles above the ground. The planet itself resembled Earth, minus the pollution with a lot more countryside to admire. The city was called Supertown, so cliche I wanted to moan, but I could ignore that painful quality with a city that seemed to be taken directly out of "Meet The Robinsons".

I needed something, anything, to do while I waited to go rescue Wally. I didn't want to be sitting idly by, I needed something to do. I was so mad at La'gaan for being so concieted and self-centered when who knew what was happening to Wally!? He'd risked his lives for us without hesitation, and we repaid him by taking our sweet time to go to his rescue? No amount of beauty sleep was going to help The Idiot From the Black Lagoon anyway.

So I took a walk. Here, I could go where I wanted to without having to worry about my wings showing. I let them show proudly, held up high like Emma's wings. The native birds- strange and alien as they were -took an interest in my wings, flitting close by or if they were small enough, they'd land on my outstretched finger.

"I see you have taken an interest in our local fauna, Phoenix."

Dreamer was walking towards me gracefully, a small, colorful bird resting on his fingertip. She bent over the railing that bordered the path we were walking along and let the bird take flight. Those that had been following me took after the one Dreamer had let go.

It was a good thing the railing was there, because when I leaned over to look after the birds, thinking of flying after them, it gave a sharp drop down. Not off the side, but down to another part of Supertown. I could see that Artemis, Oliver, and Roy had discovered the target fields, and were engaged in a bit of friendly competition with Serafin, who taunted my family like a ten-year-old in a fake western accent. Moonrider was having a bit more civil competition with the Beetles on the training course- his blue energy bolts versus their scarab technology. Bart and Bridget watched impatiently from the side, waiting to play the victor.

"It's amazing..." I whispered amazedly.

"Thank you." Dreamer gave a bright, dazzling smile, as she watched Bear "named-for-an-animal-not of-Earth" competing in weightlifting with Superboy and Aqualad while Emma and M'gann watched their boyfriends. It was pretty clear that Bear was winning, he being a new god and all.

"How does the city fly?" I asked suddenly, all my energy seeming to be forced into that question.

Dreamer laughed, a light and lilting sound. "Vykin is the one to ask about that. He spends so much time with his Mother Box I am surprised that he isn't one!"