Chapter Fifty-One- Music to my Ears

Pic: for _Stxdia_. It's Iris in the Arrow onesie :3

this is just based off your comments from the A/N...but do you guys like JayTam? ;)

LIZARD IS TRYING TO WRITE BUT SHE'S JUST ADMITTING THAT THIS IS ALL FILLER AND PROBABLY ALL BAD

(of course, you guys aren't gonna think so cuz you're all so nice and sweet and the bestest commenters/readers/beta team an author could get :3)

Lots of love,

~Lizard and Nevermore

June 3, 2016. 05:02.
Watchtower.
~~Willow~~

"Like a fire that won't die,

Like a star as it shines in the sky,
We shine brighter than ever.
We'll shine forever and ever."

I was left completely breathless as Emma finished singing. Her angelic voice fading softly, stirring something in the back of my mind.

"Well, what do you think?" She asked nervously, rubbing the back of her head.

I shook my head, "I don't know what to think...It's amazing and gorgeous and just...your singing, Emma!"

She looked at her feet, blushing. "I thought you should hear it before I performed it at my graduation. I wrote it about you, you know."

I winked at her. "I know.

"It really is beautiful, Emma. I' really proud of you." She gulped down half the water bottle that I offered her in one gulp and fell back on the couch in the Watchtower's lounge. It was early, but I couldn't sleep. Emma couldn't either, and neither could about all of the rest of the team. All of us seemed to feel something like a change in the air. Excitement right around the corner.

"So," she clapped her hands, "what was it you wanted me to talk about with you? You sounded super-excited over the phone. Are you and Connor-?"

"No, no!" I stopped her quickly, sitting down next to her and tearing my eyes from the gallery of photos plastered all over her walls. "It's not me, it's just Connor." I promised, much to her disappointment as her shoulders slumped.

"Dangit..."

I pulled a photograph out of my crossbody purse, only to have it snatched by Emma before I could hand it to her myself.

"What's this?"

"It's where my old house used to be. Before Luthor burned it down." I said the last part quietly, shaking my head before I could let it get to me. "It's not much more than a foundation and a singed tree stump where the willow tree used to grow. Connor and I planted the saplings there after the wedding, but I wasn't expecting..."

"Expecting what?" Emma asked, handing the photo back. 

There, I couldn't hold back my smile. "I woke up this morning to the sound of a rather large handful of construction vehicles crawling up the side of the hill."

Emma gasped, kneeling up on the couch. "He's rebuilding your house?"

"Yes." I nodded. "Well, technically the construction guys are building it, and Oliver's paying for most of it, but it's 'officially' Connor's late wedding present to me."

Emma was trying not to squeal and clap and act like a mature adult member of the League's team of covert operatives, but she wasn't quite successful at that at the moment.