Chapter 21: Home

**AN: This is the last chapter and will also feature the epilogue! Thanks to everyone who reads, votes, comments, I appreciate it! I hope you've liked the story! :)***

SCARLETT POV

I nearly dropped my phone when Calum called me. He just said that his parents wanted him to return to live with them. I should have known it was going to come eventually, but I didn't expect it so soon, and it felt like a blindsided punch to the heart. 

I knew it was what he should do, they are his parents after all, and this was only meant to be temporary. Calum was amazing, and he should be happy, but I had no idea how I was going to survive without him. Kent seemed to be lost in thought, and I presumed Calum had called him too. 

--Four Days Later---

School had started back up again, and Calum was still in Indiana. I talked with him a few times and Calum still said things were up in the air with his parents. I sat with Tasha and the other girls but I felt so alone. 

Days went by and calls with Calum became fewer and shorter, I was worried that he was going to come back, pack up, and leave. 

CALUM POV

When my mother first said she wanted me to move back I felt torn. I didn't want to hurt my Mom's feelings, my Dad obviously could care less. So over those next days I thought about it, I was unsure of what to do. I wanted to talk to Scarlett about everything, but I knew that as soon as I heard her voice that I'd go running back to DC, not thinking everything through. 

I missed the heck out of her though, and I missed Uncle Kent too. He had grown on me, he was no longer just my coolest uncle, but I thought of him as my Dad now, and I didn't want to leave.

After a week away of going back and forth in m head, I finally reached my decision, I just needed to go through with it. 

SCARLETT POV

It had been almost two weeks since I had last seen Calum. I felt how I used to before Calum came around, lonely and unfulfilled. I understood the magnitude Calum's had on my life, and I didn't like how it felt without him. 

I came home one day after a long day at school, ready to just lay down and watch a movie alone. My door was cracked open a bit but it had been such a long day that I didn't even remember if I had actually closed the door when I left this morning. 

I walked in and when I looked up, my heart froze. There he was, standing in the center of my room. Dressed in khaki shorts and a polo shirt, handsome as ever, Calum. A smiled slowly spread across my face and I quickly threw my backpack down and ran towards me. Calum scooped me up and twirled me around. "I'm home." He whispered, kissing my hair. "I missed you so much." I said, my voice wobbling. Calum set me down, and stroked my hair, "I missed you too." He breathed. "Are you leaving?" I dared to ask, not looking up at him for fear of his answer. He took my chin and tilted it up to look him in his chocolate brown eyes. "No, I'm not leaving you or Uncle Kent. DC is my home now. You two are home to me." He said, his thumb running over my cheek. I held onto him tight, and never let go to the boy I fell in love with just mere months ago. 

--------------EPILOGUE ------------------

**THREE YEARS LATER**

SCARLETT POV

"I am honored and excited to be leading our wonderful nation for another four years!" My father exclaimed to a crowd of thousands of cheering people. I smiled at my father, I was so proud of him, he had been re-elected as president. 

I stood on the stage beside him, next to my mother. Kent was to the side of me, watching me like a hawk. And then I looked to the right of me, off the stage was Calum, my heart still fluttered whenever I looked at him, just like it did three years ago. He smiled at me, and readjusted the black jacket he wore. 

Calum and I were now in our sophomore year at college, and I loved it, and so did Calum. When we got accepted, Calum almost started crying, he never thought he'd make it to graduate high school, let alone go to college, and now here he was. I was so proud of him, and Uncle Kent was too. 

His relationship with his parents continued to be a little tense and awkward, but I knew Calum was happy where he was right now. 

After my father's speech ended, I hopped off the stage to join Calum. He wrapped a big arm around my shoulders and kissed my temple. "You ready to go? I'm hungry?" I asked Calum. He nodded and we headed off, followed by my normal team of guards. We walked and Calum mumbled, "You looked hot up there." He teased, nudging me closer. I smiled, ignoring the warnings Calum got about messing with the president's daughter. 

Ever since Calum came into my life, I became more than the president's daughter, more than Calum's girlfriend, I became the person I had always hoped to be.