Chapter 3: First Day

CALUM POV

BANG BANG BANG!! The door pounded. "Get up Calum, you're getting to school early!" Kent said. I opened the door slowly, my eyes still adjusting to the light. "I would have driven you in later with Scarlett but since you decided to be rude to her, Lucy, and then proceeded to sneak out of the party and go out, I have no choice but to treat you like the child you seem to be acting like. So get dressed, we're leaving in ten minutes." He ordered me. 

I quickly got dressed, luckily Washington Prep, though a private school, didn't have a uniform so I could wear whatever I wanted. 

I bounded downstair where Uncle Kent was in the kitchen drinking a coffee and reading the newspaper. He was dressed in a suit identical to the one he wore yesterday. When he saw me, he stood up and handed me a bagel, "Let's go, you can eat it in the car." He said, ushering me out of his house. 

I slid in the front seat of his car and we took off. The neighborhood where Uncle Kent lived was really nice, neighbors were out and about, walking their dogs, mowing their lawn, and my new school was about ten minutes away. 

When we finally pulled up, I had to admit I was caught a bit off guard by the size of the school. Washington Prep was about the biggest and nicest school I had ever seen. It was partially made of glass and part a beige material with ivy crawling up the sides in an elegant way. 

Uncle Kent parked the car and the two of us headed inside the huge building. Motivational posters lined the hallways, school banners hung up, but besides that, the school was 100% different than my last school. 

We headed into the office where a young, twenty-something lady was sitting behind the desk. She smiled at the sight of my uncle. "Hey Kent." She greeted, her face a bit flushed. "Hey Cindy." He squeaked back. I looked at him, and noticed that he too was blushing. A knowing smirk stretched across my face.

Cindy tucked a strand of her red hair behind her ear while Kent basically drooled over her. I cleared my throat and both seemed to snap back into reality. "Cindy, this is my nephew Calum Blacklee. He is new here." Uncle Kent introduced me. Cindy turned to me and extended her hand to me, "I'm Ms. Wells. Welcome to Washington Prep." She greeted cordially. I took her hand and shook it because of the look my Uncle shot me to be nice to this woman.

 "Hi," I mumbled back. 

"So I have to go pick up Scarlett, is there anything else I need to do for Calum?" Uncle Kent asked her. Ms. Wells shook her head, "Nope, you're all set. I'm just going to give Calum his schedule and a quick tour of the school." She replied. Uncle Kent nodded and turned to me. "I'm going to pick up Scarlett and will be back in about a forty five minutes. I will be here at the school all day with Scarlett, so if you decided you want to get in trouble, just know that I'm here." He said to me with a strict look. I nodded, "Yes sir." I replied and he headed out, leaving me to start my new experience here.

SCARLETT POV

"So for tonight read up to chapter ten." My teacher assigned us. I closed my book and packed everything up in my backpack. 

My best friend Tasha, who was seated next to me looked behind me towards the back of the classroom where Kent was sitting like always. 

"Pssstt!" She whispered to me.  I leaned into her, "What?" I asked. "Did you see that new boy yet? He's like 6 feet tall and gorgeous!" She gushed. I rolled my eyes, she was talking about Calum. Not that I was surprised, Tasha was totally boy-obsessed and always had fleeting, mini crushes on guys she thought were cute.

"I met him actually, he's Kent's nephew." I replied unhappily. Tasha's eyes lit up with excitement. "So I can see him! Maybe you can finally get a boyfriend! Wait what's the tone about?" She asked quickly, her voice high from the excitement. "He's a total jerk! I have no idea how he could be related to a nice guy like Kent." I told her. 

Tasha just shrugged easily and stood up as the bell rang, "He may be a jerk but at least he's extra yummy to look at. You get to look at him extra!" She whispered, giving me a teasing wink before heading out the classroom. 

That was just what I wanted, extra time with Calum Blacklee, as if.