Chapter 7: Popcorn

2 Weeks Later

CALUM POV

It had been two weeks since I had gotten into a fight at school, and my grounding from Kent had just ended. I didn't really mind getting grounded that much because I didn't have much to do here anyway, and with Kent having to go to work I got to see Scarlett often. 

We started to get closer and I really like her. 

I saw her in line in the cafeteria alone, so I decided I'd sneak up next to her. "Heya!" I exclaimed causing her to jump a little. Heya? Real smooth Calum. I thought to myself. She turned to me and smiled, her blue eyes shining. "Hi." She replied, taking a plate from the counter. 

"Guess what?" I asked her excitedly. "What?" She asked, intrigued. "I am officially free. My grounding is over." I told her, grinning. "That's awesome! Maybe tonight you could come over and we could watch a movie?" She suggested. "Yeah-yeah.' I stuttered, 'That'd be great!" I said excitedly. Scarlett tucked a piece of hair behind her ear and smiled shyly. "Scarlett! Come on!" A girl called to Scarlett impatiently. She turned to the girl, "One second!" She replied, turning back to me. Scarlett blushed a little, "Okay, I'll see you tonight." She blushed, walking away, Kent following behind. 

----------

That night, I went home to get dressed while Uncle Kent was still at work. I was really nervous for tonight, and I was so sweaty I had to change my shirts three times. This feeling was so foreign because I was usually so good with girls but with Scarlett it was different. 

I finally settled on a t-shirt and shorts and took the bus over there. When i got inside, I ran smack into Uncle Kent. "What are you doing here?" He asked me. "I'm-I'm here to see Scarlett, we're going to watch a movie." I said.  His face was unreadable, but he nodded, "Okay.. Just call me when you need a ride." He said awkwardly, walking away. 

I headed towards Scarlett's room and knocked tentatively. "Come in!" She yelled, and I looked at her current security who nodded and let me open the door. 

"Hey." She greeted me. She was sitting on the bed criss crossed, dressed in gym shorts, a sweatshirt, and a messy ponytail, and to me she looked beautiful. 

"Let's head to the movie room." She said, standing up. I followed her tiny figure to a room that looked just like a movie theater. "Wow," I breathed, checking the whole place out. There were four rows of big, plush, recliners seats, with soft armrests and cup holders. The lights were dim and the screen was huge. "This place is amazing!" I said and she smiled. "One of the few perks of being the President's daughter." She replied, almost sadly. 

We decided on a comedy and we sat next to each other with sodas, popcorn, and candy. 

Though the movie was funny, I couldn't help but just mostly watch Scarlett. From the way she laughed to the way her eyes followed the movies intently. She finally caught on to my staring and looked at me. "What?" She whispered. I blushed, grateful for the dark so she couldn't see me blush. "Sorry, you're just fascinating." I admitted and she looked down shyly, "I mean it,' I told her, "You're beautiful." I said to her, and I leaned in and kissed her to which she kissed me back.