Chapter 17: Ghosts

CALUM POV

A week after the concert I came home from spending time with Scarlett. We had just worked on some homework and now I was back home. Uncle Kent had a day off today so I went home alone, and saw his car in the driveway. I strolled in the house, "I'm home!" I called, walking into the living room where I assumed Uncle Kent was. 

When I stepped in the room my face dropped. There on the couch, sitting across from Uncle Kent sat Thor, my best friend from home. Thor was a friend to me whenever I felt angry, and he was always up for causing trouble and getting into it. "Are you just gonna stare, or are you gonna greet your best friend?" Thor smirked, looking up at me. "What-what are you doing here?" I stuttered. "I'm just visiting my old pal Calum Blacklee, is that okay with you?" He pushed, playfully smacking me on the arm. "Yeah, yeah. It's great to see you man." I said, my voice still shocked. 

"I'll leave you two guys to catch up, I'm gonna order some pizza." Uncle Kent said, retreating from the room. "So, where are we going tonight?" He asked, plopping back down on the couch. "What?" I asked him, sitting down beside him cautiously. "You didn't think I came here just to visit you did you? I'm bored at home, and I want some action." He said mischievously, licking his lips excitedly. "We're staying here." I said, trying to sound firm, Thor always had a way of getting me to do what he wanted. 

"Oh c'mon, don't tell me Calum Blacklee, the legend, has gone all soft and boring." He taunted, rolling his eyes. "I'm not boring or 'soft', I just said we're not going out." I restated, getting irritated. "Well I'm here for three days, we need to get out at least once." He bargained and I sighed. 

He turned on the television and when my phone buzzed I smiled, it was a cute text from Scarlett. I quickly sent her a reply and Thor looked over my shoulder, still as nosy as ever. He saw my home screen which was a picture of the two of us from the Lumineers concert. I had my arms wrapped around her shoulders, huge grins plastered to both of our faces. "Ooh,' he teased, "Who is that chick? She's hot." Thor said, snatching my phone out of my hands. He started going through my photos, staring at the many pictures I had of Scarlett. "She is so fine! You lucky, lucky dipshit." He howled. I grabbed the phone back. "First of all, have some class and treat women with respect. Secondly, her name is Scarlett, and third of all, don't talk about her like that. I mean it." I warned him. He held up his hands but his eyes still glimmered with trouble. 

"I mean it, don't you dare try anything." I sneered. "Fine, but these next days are going to be very interesting." He smirked, causing me to feel a lump rise in my throat. 

AN: Sorry for the short chapter, I wanted to get something up! But I will be updating again soon!