10

Reika's POV

I sat on a tree branch as I stared at the sky. "I miss you, Big brother." I whispered. I jumped off the branch then walked back to the Chunin Exams. When I went inside, I heard a lot of commotion.

"She's gone! Reika is missing!" A nurse said out of panic. I rolled my eyes. Humans get worried so easily. I quietly walked past them then headed to Sasuke's room. I heard he made it. I want to see what kind of condition is.

I opened the door to his room and approached his body. "What do you think you're doing, Reika?" I frowned at the voice. "What do you want, you four eyed nerd?" I said coldly. "I want to know what you're doing here." Kabuto answered.

"Isn't it obvious? I'm going to kill him." I answered. Duh. "No, you're not. You still have work to do." He said. I let out a heavy sigh. "So, what else am I supposed to do? I have a month until the final exams. So, what do you recommend I do, Kabuto?" I demanded.

"You could train. But I doubt you'll have to. You're already strong as it is," I rolled my eyes. "Orochimaru says you still have a task to complete. What's complicated is that he doesn't tell you what it is." Kabuto mentioned. 

"That's because he knows I'll figure it out on my own," I stated. "More importantly, what I want to know is why he's helping me." I said. "Surely, you haven't forgotten, have you, Reika? Orochimaru didn't come to you. You came to him." He stated.

"I know that. That's only because I was wandering aimlessly through the streets. Besides, it was your idea for the ANBU to find me in the woods in the first place. What ticked me off is that you guys already gave me a dead body to begin with. You can't kill something that's already dead. Instead, you made me smear the blood on me to make it look like I had killed him." I stated angrily.

"We know. We didn't want to make it that easy for the ANBU." Kabuto said, smirking. "Yeah, yeah. Do you know who I'm facing the finals?" I asked. "According to my intel, you'll be fighting a girl that goes by the name of Mika. I don't remember her last name." He said.

"They better make it a challenge for me." I said coldly. "Anyway, do you know what you must do?" Kabuto said.

"You say that like I don't know what I'm supposed to do. But yes, I do know what I'm supposed to do. The Leaf Village will pay for killing my brother." I said in a cold tone. Kabuto smirked before walking over to me. "You're pretty smart for a cat." He commented. "Well, I was taught by the best." I stated, taking off my hood.

Kabtuo petted my head, making me frown and slap his hand away. "Only Orochimaru is allowed to touch me. You, on the other hand, have to gain my trust before you can put your hands on me." I informed.

I walked past him and headed into the village as I pulled my hood back on. I despise all of the villagers. Sighing, I stopped in front of a building. A bar, I think. I walked inside and sat at the table. "Just water." I said to the bartender.

He gave me a nod and handed me a small glass of water. I took a small sip, then sighed. "Aren't you a bit young to be in a place like this?" The bartender asked. "Yeah, I guess. I'm only fourteen." I said to him. 

"Seriously? You look twelve."

"I know. Needless to say, I get that a lot from a certain someone." I said, referring to Kabuto. When Kabuto and I first met, he thought I was small and weak. Well, I showed him when I went one on one with him.

My ears twitched under my hood when I heard someone walk in the room. "One grasshopper, please." I heard a female voice say to the bartender. Grasshopper? Oh, yeah. I've tried those things before. They taste awful.