New life, new adventures, new enemies...

Months had passed since Hyuga and (Y/n) were together including other things happen to the other ninjas. Especially Yoshitsune with Shizuka and even Noritsune gets a new life but, of course, Hyosuke still hasn't approved of him. It was a very long story yet it happened very quickly before their eyes and yet, it was also heartbreaking for Yoshitsune. His brother, Minamoto no Yoritomo, found out he was alive and since he couldn't kill him in the Mainland, that could cause war with the country, he sent out assassins instead. But they've all failed since Shizuka was with him like she promised to after he spared her life.

He found out because one of Yoritomo's loyal advisers reported people seeing a falcon or two flying across the oceans once a month. It wouldn't be normal for an ordinary falcon to do without any reasons so Yoritomo sent out a few spies to investigate secretly. Soon, they both find out and the ninja's wanted to protect Yoshitsune but he refuses to fight against his brother. But it got too far when one of Yoshitsune's new advisers tried to poison him with a needle to the neck. The adviser was with him for 7 months and was very close to Yoshitsune but failed to execute him so he was eliminated as well. Finally, Yoshitsune assassinated Yoritomo with the help of his fellow shinobi's and now governments the country by taking his place, with Benkei and Shizuka at his side as well, but everyone knew he was deeply heartbroken even when wearing his smiles. However, Yoshitsune kept holding on and soon enough he was back to normal but nobody could help to wonder if he really is.

Though, everything else was okay. Enya and Kazemasa were doing their best to run their villages which were doing very well. Once in a while, Hyuga and (Y/n) would visit but it wouldn't be very often. She had been busy about finding more about the Treasures and receive a few information about it but it was still helpful enough.

(Y/n) was heading back to the mansion from getting groceries for tonight's dinner with Hyuga along with Enya and Goyo. Hyuga was carrying most of the stuff they bought while Enya and Goyo came to protect (Y/n). But since everything was peaceful, they just kept chatting.

(Y/n) looked over to Hyuga who was carrying all the groceries they bought together "Hyuga, are you okay carrying all of those?" she asked slightly worried since he was the only one carrying the load.

"I'm alright, you just watch your step so you don't fall like the ditz you are," he replied with cold words yet kind tone. But that's Hyuga of course.

"Are you sure they are not that heavy? I could carry some by myself you know,"

"No need, they're not that heavy. At least, they're lighter than you," he smiled mischievously.

" ! I'm not that heavy-" she was about to yell at Hyuga but was cut off when she notices everyone suddenly stopped.

"(Y/n), get behind Hyuga." Goyo ordered and Hyuga immediately pulled her over to his back.

Suddenly, Hyuga perked his body back as a long sharp need flew past his face and struck a nearby tree. A deep cut appeared on the left side of his cheek and a small dropped of blood fell from his face.

"Come on out already!" Enya, who was growing impatient, shouted and several figures jumped down from the trees wearing Oni (demon) masks with thief clothing and hair wigs that cover the back of their heads all the way to the tail of the back. 

All of them were holding iron metal clubs but the one that stood out the most was one that was the tallest, fully dressed in red with a yellow wig on his back.

"So you guys wanna pick a fight with us!?" Enya growled.

"And with (Y/n) here even..." Goyo frowned as he turned to Hyuga. Understanding the look on Goyo's face, Hyuga swiftly picks (Y/n) up bridal style before running off.