Mizukitty

The next morning, Noka apologized to (Y/n) for ignoring her and she was happy that they were friends again. She was still too scared to apologize to Enya so (Y/n) apologizes for her instead.

To make up for it, Noka spends some time around (Y/n). But all she really did was follow her around and sometimes wander around the mansion. However, (Y/n) didn't mind and thought it was actually cute. She even helps with the small jobs for her like hanging laundry or passing her ingredients in the kitchen. She didn't go outside much as well and never pass the forest boundaries but only went out when (Y/n) was hanging out clothes or withdrawing some water. However, she wondered if Noka was actually bored just by letting her follow her around only doing chores.

(Y/n) decided it was time to let Noka be more socialize around the estate for a bit and decided to take her to the horse stables. (Y/n) would've let her play with Pochi or Hachi but after seeing the dog bites, she was afraid of her getting hurt. It's not that she believes that Pochi or Hachi did it since they were both good dogs and it might be a wild dog from the forest. What worries her is that if Noka was bitten by another wild dog, she was afraid that Pochi and Hachi might be alarmed with the wild dog's scent on the wound until it is healed.

Noka helped carry (Y/n) a heavy bucket of grain while she carried two of them. She couldn't help but worry if the bucket was too heavy for her but she seems to carry it well. (Y/n) introduce her to her favourite pet horse, Kurodayu, who let her pet him on the snout. Noka did really well following her instructions on how to take care of the horses. While she was feeding the other horses, (Y/n) heard footsteps coming toward them.

"Mizuki!" (Y/n) exclaims when she sees him. "Are you here to take care of the horses too?"

"Actually, Yoshitsune sent me to get you," he replied looking at the two of them.

"He did? I should probably go then," she said but looked down at Noka. "Mizuki, can you look after Noka for awhile?"

Mizuki frown when she said that ".....Are you sure?"

"Mizuki.. don't worry, plus you need to be more socialize. I saw you playing with kids at the Water Village,"

"Me and Hyosuke were only teaching them how to fish,"

"Still, you were really good, the two of you should get along since both of you love animals," (Y/n) kept encouraging until he finally gave in.

"Fine..." he sighs.

"Thanks!" (Y/n) then bend down to meet the same height as Noka.

"I need to see a friend for a while, Mizuki will watch over you so don't get into trouble," she says as Noka then looked up at Mizuki.

"Mizuki is a really nice person, you can trust him okay?" (Y/n) assured her. She hesitated but after stealing a few glances at him, she nodded.

After she left the two, it became awkwardly quiet between them with the sound of the horses munching on their food. Once in a while, she would take glances at him and Mizuki would just brush it off. It was normal for him anyway since most kids would look at him peculiarly because of his eyes but he noticed that she looked like she wanted to say something.

"What is it?" he finally asked after she kept staring at him for a long time.

"...Y-you.. look like.. a c-cat..." she stutters giving a shy respond.

"A cat?" Mizuki lifted his eyebrows.

"Actually, you remind me of a cat I met a long time ago in an alleyway. It had eyes like you and it was black," she says.

"Really?"

"Yeah, but Bro said I couldn't keep it but we manage to find another owner for it," Mizuki smiles when she said that.