Crimes and Judgement

Noka struggled to get out of the bag she was put in but each time she did, her kidnappers would kick her. At one point, she stopped but was later thrown to the ground forcefully. Getting out from the sack, she finds herself in a prison cell. Looking around, she soon realizes it was inside a cave and she wasn't alone. Besides the cell, the boy who caught sneaking from before was sitting on the floor polishing a dagger.

He didn't look threatening since Noka could tell he was nervous from him looking intensely at the weapon in his hand. Like it was his first time holding it The boy took a glance at her but then instantly look away in a panic. Adjusting her ears, Noka could hear older voices deeper in the cave.

"Hey, what's going on?" the boy jumps from shock when Noka asks him.

The boy tries shooshing her but Noka just gave him an odd look. "Don't worry, they won't hear us from here," she says bluntly without showing any fear on her face.

He sighs taking her words "I can't really talk to anyone but what is it?"

"What's going on?" Noka repeated eagerly.

"The group is having a discussion," he answers.

"About what?"

"Nothing important.. just adult things," Noka could tell through his obvious lie and ask a different question.

"What were you doing last night?" she asks remembering where they first met.

"Oh, we had to get our friends from town... A-anyways, please endure while you still can. Tomorrow I promise to send you back to your parents," he smiles assuringly.

"Thank you, Mister!" she exclaims innocently. "What's your name?"

"Haha, don't worry. It's Hibiki. Now get some sleep. Good kids need to sleep early," he says.

"Noooo. Don't want to!" Noka playfully giggles.

"*Sigh* Well what do you want to do?" he asks while putting himself in a more comfortable position facing her.

"...Can I sing?" Noka ask.

"Huh? Well, there's no harm in that. O-of course," he answers as Noka clears her throat.

Teaching me words as always,
Then I'll change them into a song,

What was obtained in your delusion?
There's only one song...

Ru li la~ Ru li la~

This singing voice...
to whom does it reach?

The key obtained is called words,
which open the door to the unknown

(The lyrics are the above video: Clockwork lullaby by Mothy)

By the time Noka finished, she felt something heavy inside her heart. Though, it was a nostalgic feeling.

Also feeling lonely, she reached into her bag that Shizuka gave her in search of that. Fortunately, the bandits didn't take it away but she couldn't find what she was looking for inside. Did she remember to put it in the first place?

"Where is it!?" standing up in a panic, she looks around her.

Snoooore.

She was snapped back to reality when she realizes that she was able to put Hibiki to sleep. Taking the chance, Noka stands up slowly and squeezes through the bars. Careful not to wake Hibiki up, Noka quickly makes her way out. On her way, she found many sacks with expensive items peering out from few and boxes where she could smell gun powder from. She finally made her way out from the cave and took a deep breath of the forest's fresh air after being in a cave for awhile.