Chapter 20: The Note Maker

YOOOHOOO!! *yodeles randomly* Yes meknows I updated!! *fists pumps the air* geez the air ain't friendly huh...not fist pumping me back...*pout* ANYWAY! Somethign with be revealed in this chappy...well some things will be hinted at such as 'secrets'...not the 'revealing' some of you guys were thinking of *looks pointedly at YOU* XD

Vote? Comment! Fan?! I'm so thankful to everyone who had already done that, you ahve no idea how happy it makes me!! Like a freaking hamster on speed...except I'm not a hamster on speed...meh!

Chapter 20:

I was sore. Really sore, but I still managed to force out a smile. I didn’t really know why I was faking a smile, I mean there’s no one here so basically I’m just smiling to myself like a crazed maniac.

Rubbing my palms over my face I tried to ignore the withered streamlets of sunlight that slowly filtered through the window, digging their way through the folds and creases of the duvet till they lay splayed across my bundled up body. Ugh sunlight…kill me now! I. Hate. Mornings. If only I was a vampire then the sun would disintegrate me and I could slowly slip back into a sleepy bliss… well I’d be burning but… why am I even having this mini monologue in my head?!

My head shook itself, hoping to rid it of nonsensical thoughts. I let my head slam back into the pillow, my smile slipping slightly.

Yesterday was good. I mean yeah I stood on every ranch hand’s feet when I danced with them, sure Daniel got a kick out of my embarrassment and sure Seth refused to dance with me point blank and in the process completely humiliated me- in front of everyone, but I had a good day. Well that’s what I kept telling myself anyway.

Then there was that kiss…that one hell of a hormone crazing, spine tingling, steamy kiss. An anguished sigh left my lips as I remembered his face as he pulled away and went marching off to…to…May.

Letting out a disgruntled noise I flipped over so that I was lying on my stomach, my face planted firmly in my pillow. Breathing heavily I tried to choke back my tears. Bi-polar douchebag! I don’t even know why I care. Wait, you know what, that’s what I’m going to do- not care! That’s right, not care. Giving myself a mental pat on my shoulder I heaved myself into a sitting position.

What were we even talking about before he kissed me?

My fingers massaged my temple and as if on cue the answer flew through my head, my mind grasping it by the tail and pulling it back so I could get a better look. He was asking me if any of the ranch hands had hurt me? I snorted. Yeah right, the ranch hands hurt me, deliberately? The only danger I’ve been in since I got here was...

Widening my eyes to the size of saucers I slumped back down on the bed, the mattress giving a slight ‘oof’ as my body lay spread eagled, my hands on either side of me bunched up into fists. “Be careful.” Those were the same words written in the note; the same words Seth had said to me before he left to run after May. Oh God, it’s a sick coincidence right? Right?!

A bitter sting lanced through my heart. The person in the chicken coop could’ve been a ranch hand, I mean I can’t exactly picture either May or Grandma get any blood on their hands let alone chicken blood. But any one from outside could’ve snuck in, and what about the horse thief? How come everything died down about that so fast after I was accused?