Chapter 17: Introductions

I bet some of you are like WTH?! Introductions at about 17 bloody chapters into the story?? XD Yeah, I'm awesome like that...seriosuly though whatever you were thinking about doing with that rock...DON'T DO IT!!

VOTE? COMMENT! FAN?! Do it, especailly if you likey wikey it! See what I did there, yeah, yeah? Okay fine...

NOT PROOF READ. Sowy! Not really happy with this chappy but I hope it's okay-ish!

Chapter 17:

I let my body slide to the floor, letting my body shiver and rock in sync with my turbulent emotions, charging at me all at once. Tears continued their melancholy parade down my cheeks, leaving behind a trail as a reminder. However much I lashed out at the tears with my hands they kept pouring out in a torrent. Even when I heard the faint echo of footsteps start to become louder and heading inevitably in my particular direction, I still lay in a pathetic heap on the floor.

Two, brown sturdy boots stood in front of me as I gazed straight ahead, not averting my gaze even when the person crouched down, letting two brown eyes and dark blonde hair enter my line of sight. Daniel.

“Hey, come on. You can’t be like that.” He paused, brushing away the tears before continuing. “I mean the hoe-down is in a couple of days, how are you supposed to make anyone jealous in this state?” 

Shooting him a small smile, a hiccup of laughter flew through my lips as I punched him lightly on the arm. "You're such a selfish asshole."

He grinned. “I think I know what would cheer you up! Come on!” Without further ado he grabbed me by my upper arm prior to dragging me outside. The sun peeped out from the clouds, instantly washing over my pallid face while sending flushes of colour back into my body.

As soon as I was accustomed to the sudden bright light, my sight was instantly met with a line up of the ranch hands, excluding Seth, of course, and May. Swiping at my cheeks, I pushed away any dampened strands of hair as we walked towards them.

“Dan what-", before I could continue he held up his hand and took me to the left hand side of the line, where it apparently started.

“This annoying bastard here is Aaron.” Aaron tipped his hat, glaring at Daniel before his dazzling grey eyes came to rest on me before winking. “Moving on! This here is Nick, you may have met when he was sent to give food when you were, you know…locked up.” I nodded and sent Nick a small smile.

“This is Aiden, the little runt, he’s turning 18 in a couple of months.” Whispering a quite hello I briefly looked up to see a faint blush spread across his cheeks, his soft brown hair brushing his forehead whilst he peered up at me, his green eyes blazing.

“Zack.” Zack ignored me, shooting me nothing but a blank stare before scuffing his boots in the dirt. Daniel gritted his teeth at this before dragging me onto the next one. “These three douche bags are Matt, Mark and Brendon. Cousins.” They looked completely and utterly different, I could hardly see that they were related in any shape or form. One of them, Brendon, was definitely the stockier, broader one with thick blonde eye brows, buzzed short hair and dim brown eyes whilst Matt was much more leaner, his nose slightly crooked, his brown hair a mess, completing his roguishly handsome look. His lips curved into an impish smile whilst his hazel eyes smouldered as soon as I stepped in front of him. Mark I had already met in the stables before everything turned sour.

My smile dipped into a frown almost instantly, which Daniel seemed to notice. Giving me a small nudge, he gave me a small sympathetic smile before it quickly morphed into a smirk.

“And this hot piece of meat,” Daniel motioned towards him self, “is yours truly Daniel the Awesome! You can look but not touch.” Waggling his index finger at me he allowed a haughty expression to settle onto his face. Reaching up, I lightly whacked him at the back of his head, pushing back the recent events to the back of mind till only a small remnant remained.

“Ha-ha. You sure know how to lighten the mood, Mr Modest.” Smiling slightly I watched as he puffed out his chest while ruffling my hair.

“That’s right. Kiddo.” Kiddo? The fool was probably only a year or two older than me. Before I could retort he slapped a hand to my mouth. “Now, you might be wondering why the hell have I got you here?” Without waiting for anyone to answer he continued. “Well it’s ‘cause…” he hesitated. “I need you guys to help me…to…practice.” Daniel nervously ran a hand through his hair, looking at the ground sullenly, as if they had already said no.

“For what exactly?” Daniel’s head shot up, his mouth forming a small ‘O’.

“F-for, you know the hoe-down…” He trailed off, averting his gaze once again.

“Yeah sure, what are we supposed to do though?” This time, before Daniel could answer I pried his hand off my mouth and spoke up, shooting Daniel a sly grin.

“Daniel has this gigantic crush on some unfortunate girl, so we need to make sure none of you guys go after her, maybe help him get at least one dance with this poor lady.”

I looked up to see Daniel giving me a ‘drop dead’ look before I continued snickering at his expense. Raucous laughter followed immediately, causing a bright blush to swallow up Daniel’s face. Poor guy.

Trickles of sympathy pooled around in the pit of my stomach till I managed to hush my own laughter a little.

“So what’s the plan?” All heads turned to face the voice that seemed to have emerged from the behind the crowd of ranch hands. Gritting my teeth I stared back callously at his blase expression.

Seth.