Chapter 5: Shoe-shine, Leather and a Hint of Sweat

Blalooney: such a cool word, cracks me up every time HAHAHHAHAHA *rolls on the floor laughing* oh yeah sorry,... *clears throat*. Please COMMENT and vote if you likey this bookey, if you don't like it, or if you don't eat onions for breakfast everyday! Well do you?

Chapter 5:

A malicious smirk crept to his lips as he looked at my slightly frazzled, vaguely aroused, mostly assiduous face. The smirk proceeded to grow while he leaned in, letting his hot breath gently flutter across my face. My heart began to speed up to an erratic thumping, the sound flooding my ear drums to such extent that I could hardly hear anything else. I was only partly aware of the bar tender who stood with a bowl of ice cubes staring at us with rapt attention.

A flicker of emotion bounced through Seth’s cobalt blue eyes for a brief second before his lips brushed mine. Crackles of electricity flew through my body, I could feel my lips tingle with excitement. Oh God, lips, behave, crackles, die. 

At the last moment I pushed away, standing up and making sure to keep some distance between us. Seth sat still, confused for a moment before coming to the realisation that he'd been publicly rejected. By me. Boo hoo.

After the confusion had seemed to subside, he too stood up to tower a good head and a few inches above me, a curl lifting up his lips on one side.

“Oh yeah, I forgot you don’t like an audience, perhaps we could go some where more private, would you enjoy that?” Anger frothed from the base of my stomach, over flowing till they coloured my cheeks.

Before he could even blink I reached out over the bar, startling the bar tender and grabbed a handful of ice which I then managed to shove down the front of Seth’s jeans.

Seth’s face froze mid smirk, mid shock, which he some how still pulled off to look attractive, fucking cheekbones.

Whilst he was still in shock I leaned in. “Thanks, but no thanks, but I do hope you enjoy that.” With a pat to his crotch I spun on my toes and walked out just before the saloon was filled with the sounds of hysterical laughter and hoots.

As soon as I had left the cool shady interior of the saloon I was hit with a wave of concentrated heat and the realisation that I had no way of transport to get home, unless I wanted to wait for the guys. Yeah, wait for them to kill me.

Licking my parched lips I glanced at the small leather watch on my wrist. It was around five o’ clock and by car it had taken half an hour to get here, so if I walked I might be able to get back to the ranch in about two hours, that is if I manage to suddenly grow rockets for feet.

With a sigh of utter desolation I started to walk in the direction of the country road that would lead me back to the ranch. Did I mention the country road was very, very, very long?

People stopped to stare at me as I walked past shops and houses that were littered near the main road that cut right through the middle of the small, country town. Children pointed at me in avid fascination, even though, last time I checked I hadn't grown another head. Mothers huddled together making faces at my clothes, hair or perhaps even the way I was walking. Turned out, it wasn't any of these.