Chapter 12: One Hot Day, One Cool Lake and One Confused Me

Right no blabber for me!!Its not edited as usual so sorry!!

VOTE! COMMENT! FAN! DANCE! SHOUT! SCREAM! SING WASABI INTO THE NIGHT AIR!

:D

Chapter 12:

Amusement flickered through my eyes as Seth’s face proceeded to redden by the second, his bright blue eyes darting away uncomfortably before coming to rest on the other ranch hands, who didn’t quite have the decency to look away. Slowly his eyes darkened, taking on a dark glint while he stared every last ranch hand down till they looked away, some gulping comically while others just looked ashamed. Note to self: I need to get me one of those glares…

The small smile which had formed on my lips soon slipped away as I watched Seth walk towards me, a determined look plastered onto his face while he held his shirt in his other hand. As soon as he was near enough he grabbed me by the arm and pulled me away from the group to an isolated cluster of trees, which stood at the fringes of  larger, more plump looking trees.

The instant we were shielded from view he handed me the shirt with a grunt. I looked between the shirt and then his distracted face, glancing around every so often in a nonchalant manner. Sighing he turned to face me.

“Take your dress off.” Blinking I gawked at him.

“I’m not going to take my dress off! Why would I-“ Running a hand down his face he cut me off and slapped the shirt to my chest.

“You wet. You get out of dress. You put this shirt on. You not catch a cold.” Keeping my cheeks from flushing I mustered up some form of graitude.

“Thanks." I whispered begrudgingly. He chuckled, his eyes lighting up with amusement before beginning to glimmer impishly.

“Sure. Now, do you want me to help you get out of the dress or can you do that by yourself?” Huffing I snatched the dress away from him and gave him a small shove, making shooing motions with my hand, which basically made my hand look like some kind of possessed fish but I was too embarrassed to care.

“Go, erm…make bubbles in the lake or whatever you guys do!” He gave me a funny look but chose to ignore me and walk away. Good move, very good move.

Pulling the wet fabric away from my skin I shrugged it off, mashing it up into a small ball before slipping Seth’s t-shirt on. Embarassingly, I found that his intoxicating scent lingered between every stitch, engulfing me in a warm haze. The shirt stopped just above my knees, continually slipping over one shoulder. Finally choosing to just ‘make do with it’ I stalked out of my makeshift change room, heading straight for the truck.

The once placid surface of the lake was now swollen with mini waves bouncing across the surface, lapping around the seven figure within it. Correction, eight figures. I watched with distaste as May discarded her clothing, walking seductively into the water in her lacy lingerie, its flimsy material soaking through the fabric till it was pointless to even wear. The boys instantly surrounded her, with the exception, I noted proudly, of Seth who remained to one side of the lake, his eyes locked with mine with a peculiar intensity.

I watched mesmerised as he drew his body from the water, walking through the water with a sexy swiftness. Droplets of water glistened across his broad chest, the sun sending freckles of light across his body, highlighting his handsome features, making his bright blue eyes surge with a strange electricity.  

Chagrined at the soft chuckle that resounded from beside me, I looked away to my side to see Zack leaning against the truck, a playful smirk spread across his lips.

“Oh, erm, hi I didn’t see you there.” He remained silent, glimpses of mirth flashing through his face.

“Of course you didn’t, you were a bit too busy watching Seth over there.” I ducked my head trying and failing to hide my warm cheeks. Sneaking a small glance towards the person in question, I found he was over by the shade leaning against a tree, talking easily with my Grandma.

With a shake of my head I cleared the dizzying thoughts whizzing around in a twisted version of ring-a-ring-a-roses and turned back to face Zack. “So,” clearing my throat I tried to desperately think of something to say. “How does everyone know May?” I spoke uncertainly, nodding my head in the direction of the little blonde hellcat playing chase in the middle of the water with seven shirtless guys, in her underwear. (EDIT:holy shit, I was just going through and editing this when I realised the previous sentence went like "the blonde hellcat playing chase in the middle of the water with seven shirtless guys in her underwear" oh my god without the comma after 'guys' it would read as seven guys splashing about in girly underwear, hers spefically. oh my god *rolls off my bed laughing*)

“My ex-fiancé.” His voice was flat, no emotion clear within the monotone of his words edged very slightly with anger. I looked up to see Zack glaring across the lake, but he wasn’t glaring at May, more at the guys with her. Great going Rayne, you’ve got him in such a good mood.

“Oh.” The conversation died at that one syllable, coated with confusion and slight sympathy. So she’s the girl who was brutally rejected by Zack.

Glancing over I looked at her more carefully, noticing that she would look around every few minutes, looking for Zack. Slowly her eyes stopped scanning her surroundings as she spotted Zack by the truck, slowly with an almost blasé gait she stepped out of the water and headed towards Seth, shooting him a flirty smile before coming to sit by him.

Holy shit I’m confused.

Zack broke their relationship off, she is trying to get jiggy with Seth, but, (big but), she likes Zack, Zack likes her, they’re both denying their feelings and most important of all she is trying to get jiggy with Seth, wait, I’ve already mentioned that…oh God what’s happened to me?! What the hell is wrong with these people?! And what in blazes is going on with me?!