Chapter 18:Betrayal

I was strolling through town as Daniel came with me."So the boss is really dead"Daniel mumbled as I nodded.He was coming with me to meet up with Schanzar since he said something about needing more weapons.

We went inside a dimly lit shop and I waited for him as he bought what he needed."I need to get back to Tres Spades"I told him as I got into my Porsche.

"Carolyn,are you sure we can trust the Ice Dragons?They have been our enemies for 20 years."I sigh.

"Let's hope so"and I closed the door and sped off.

I went inside the lobby and into the elevators.I pressed the button for the top floor.I was about to go inside the lounge when I heard giggling.I pushed the door open a fraction and peeked in.My heart stopped.

"Oh Soryu you're such a tease~"I saw a woman straddling Soryu who was smiling,seemingly enjoying her company.I felt the rush of tears coming.This.....this was why I never trusted men in the first place.I thought that he was different,I thought that he would never betray my trust.Oh what a fool.

Daniel was right.It was a mistake.I took out the contract from the file which I brought.I originally planned to discuss this with him but......

It looks like he's busy.

I pushed open the door,startling Soryu and the woman.I smile as they looked at me in shock."Here's your contract back Mr.Oh"I sneered as I ripped it into itty bitty pieces right in front of him and watched as it fell onto the ground as I stomped on it.

With my last signature grin,I walked out.I heard him shout my name behind me but I don't give a shit.Stupid fucking men.That's why I never ever trusted them in the first place.I got inside my Porsche and zoomed off just as Soryu came running through the doors.

I parked in front of the Hell Dragons HQ and immediately called for a meeting."The deal's off.If you ever see an Ice Dragon,show no mercy"the men were utterly confused at my statement but nodded.Daniel came to stand beside me.

"I was going to say I told you so but.......I told you so"I nod and head for my car again.I've become soft,dang it.Daniel caught my arm just before I went inside."So uh,do you wanna go out tonight?Maybe catch a movie or something if you don't have anything to do?"I nod again unable to say anything and he breaks out into a grin."I'll pick you up at 7"he shouted as I zoomed off.

~~~

"So what do you wanna do next?"Daniel and I were out at the mall after we finished the movie.

"Anything's fine"I muttered bored as he dragged me off into the next store.

We finished our date and it was already 11.He took me back to my house."So uh,Carolyn.I was just wondering.....would you be my.....uh,girlfriend?"Daniel says awkwardly.It's funny,I expected someone else to say that.

"Sure"I said forcing a smile.He looked ecstatic as he hugged me till I remembered something."Shit,Daniel,could you drive me back to Tres Spades?I kinda forgot something there"I said as I buckled my seat belt again.He nodded as we drive off towards Tres Spades.

I had left my gun there.If it was a cheap gun,I wouldn't bother but this one was a bit pricey.I got off as I told him to wait in the car and got in the elevator.I walked inside the lounge and came face to face with the 5 men.I was silent as my eyes scanned the room for my gun.Ah,there it is.I walked across the room,ignoring their stared as I pick it up and was about to leave when Soryu pulled me into his chest.

"Carolyn"I kicked and punched as I shouted at him to let me go."Calm down!Just let me explain!"I stomped down hard on his foot which caused him to let me go as I glared at him.

"The deal's off Oh,the next time we meet,your head will be dangling on my wall"I said though I didn't mean it.Soryu took my hands as he stared into my eyes.

"Carolyn please just listen!That woman you saw the other day....."

"Oh yes THAT woman.Mm,I'm sure you were gonna have fun with her in bed if I didn't show up.Sorry to ruin the moment"I snapped as I shrugged off his hands.

"God can you just listen?!"he takes hold off my hands again just as someone pulled me back from him.

"Let go of my girlfriend"I heard Daniel's cold voice say as I was pulled to his side.Soryu's mouth was agape.

"G-girlfriend?!!!!"

"Ya,maybe you should get your ears fixed.She's my girl so hands off"Daniel growls.

"Daniel let's just go"I sigh as I pull him towards the door.

"C-Carolyn..wait....."I threw Soryu the most malicious glare I had ever given anyone.

"I never trusted anyone in my life Soryu and when I met you,I thought I could at least trust you.But fuckin no.I made the most stupid decision of my fuckin life."I turned my head as I said this to him:

"The worst mistake in my whole fuckin life was to ever trust you.A fuckin mobster.I swear to the gods,I will never make that mistake ever again.So fuck off"