Chapter 13:It could never work

I went into the penthouse and was immediately surrounded by Baba and Ota.*sigh* "what do you guys want?"they both had mischievous smiles on their faces.

"Oh nothinggg just....what are you wearing for your date with Sor tonight?"I knew something was up.

"Does it matter?"they gasped as if in shock.

"Of course!This is the first time we've ever heard Sor ask a woman out!Right boss?"Baba turns to Eisuke who just came in.

"Mm,it's the first time I've ever seen Soryu ask a woman out before.When we were in high school,all the girls were always flocking to him yet he always rejected them,harshly at that"Eisuke chuckled."This should be entertaining"I glared at them.

"Ok listen,you guys are all sick as hell.Consider going to the hospital.Its just dinner,nothing else"I turn to walk away when...

"So is that a yes to the us helping you to dress for your date with Sor plan?"I sigh as I muttered

"Do whatever you want"I heard Baba and Ota shriek in excitement as they spoke in quick hushed whispers.

"Be back here by 1!"Ota shouted as the elevator's door closed.

~~~
"Guys?You here?"I stepped into the fairly quiet lounge as I looked around.

"Psst!Over here pretty lady!"Baba whispered from the top of the staircase.I went up and found myself in a very big living room.

"Eisuke is gonna kill us for using his room Baba!!"Ota whined.

"Oh pish posh!Ladies come first!"Now then,let's try you in this one!"He flung me a red gown with jewels at the side.

"Where did you guys get this?"I ask as I looked at it.

"Well...let's just say we're 'borrowing' it from boss"Baba said as he grinned wryly and pushed me into the bathroom."Go on!"

I reluctantly stepped inside the bathroom and changed into the gown and stepped out again.

"Hmmm doesn't suit you...here!"Ota flung me another dress as I sighed.Oh boy,this is gonna be a longgggg day.

"Too bright"

"Too dull"

"Not sexy enough"

"No,just.....no"

Alright that's it!I clicked my gun as they stepped back."One more word from those mouths and I swear it will be your last.This is the last one I'm trying"I said to them as I took the midnight blue dress.I put it on and looked at the mirror and gasped.

For the first time in forever,I actually looked.....nice.Believe me,when you're a mobster,you don't have time to even get your own clothes.I stepped outside hesitantly and was met by Ota and Baba's shocked faces.

"This....this is the one!!!!Omg Carolyn you look stunning!!!!!!"Baba squealed as Ota nodded in approval.They fetched me matching heels and jewellery as Ota helped me with my hair and make-up.

"Man,I wish I was taking you out in a date instead pretty lady!"Baba winked as I rolled my eyes.

Soryu was waiting for me along with his car.He was speechless as he watched me approach."Cat got your tongue?"I teased as he blushed a crimson red and scratched his neck.

"You uh....you uh....you look uh....."he kept stuttering over his words."You looks amazing!!!"he managed to blubber out as I giggled.

"Thanks"He helped me inside his Mercedes and drove down the street.

"So where are we going?"you asked as you smiled sweetly at him.

"You'll see"

After sometime,we stopped in front of which I think was an aquarium.I stepped out and looked at it in awe.It had a beautiful soft blue light emitting from it as soft music played in the background.I linked my arm through Soryu's as we both walked inside.

"Soryu!Look at that fish!It's scales are changing colour!!!!"I squeaked excitedly as Soryu smiled.For dinner,Soryu brought me to a little French place near the aquarium.We stepped inside and I was awestruck by the pink walls and pink tiles and well,basically pink everything!

A waiter escorted us to a quiet table near the back as we both sat down."Soryu....thanks for tonight....it was amazing"I said softly as Soryu smiled at me.

"I'm glad you enjoyed it"we finished dinner after awhile and was in his car again as we sped off towards my house.

"I'll see you tomorrow"I smiled softly and was about to get out when Soryu pulled on my arm."Soryu?"I gaze at him questioningly.

"Carolyn I......"he slowly pulled me in as our faces got closer and closer.I was about to close my eyes when....

"Exterminate Soryu Oh..."

My eyes widened again as I quickly pushed him away,It's official,I really I like Soryu and I also think he likes me but....

"I'm sorry...."

It was just never meant to be.

"Stay away from me"I muttered coldly as I slammed the door shut,shattering my heart to pieces.I quickly ran inside before Soryu could come out and locked the door as tears finally rolled out.How did this happen?I broke my own rule.

I slumped against the door as I heard Soryu shouting and banging the door from the outside.

My rule......

Never ever fall in love.....