Chapter 31

--- 31 ---

*Chase Lancaster*

I couldn’t sleep. My mind was as far from sleeping as I was from my father. I was aware of the time ticking away yet the morning seemed decades away. Even as I forced myself to close my eyes and sleep, I couldn’t; all night.

Not because I wasn’t in my room or that I was lying on the sofa in the penthouse that wasn’t mine but because… She was on my mind.

Arianna.

Even hours later, I couldn’t shrug off the feel of her lips against mine, the touch of her hand on my cheek and the way her fingers felt as they strangled in my hair playfully. I haven’t done anything like that with anyone before.  It was always sex –meaningless sex.

But with her tonight, it was different. It was sensational. I had never known the real pleasure of just getting to know each other while making out. For a moment there, I really thought of us as a real couple…

I chuckled at my stupid thought. Us and real couple? Doesn’t seem possible.

Yeah we were together, married but we just couldn’t be like everyone else. Like the normal couple. Maybe we acted like them, be like them and stay like them but we weren’t close to be a couple.

She was so close… just in the other room, sleeping peacefully in the cozy bed yet we were worlds apart. She was far from me. She was in love. With someone else, who was there before me and who would be there after me…

It pierced my heart to even think of her thinking about Montgomery! Sometimes I wished I could have her all for myself! Don’t know why all of a sudden I hated the thought of her being with him.

I was being selfish, I told myself. I was just possessive about her because she was my responsibility… that didn’t mean I was crazy about her. I just didn’t like her with anyone else… but that didn’t mean I like her.

I stole her from someone else and now I wanted to keep her with me even though I know I wasn’t in love with her…

Or was I?

I just love touching her… just feel her… stay with her… that didn’t mean I loved her

“What the hell are you thinking Chase?”

*Arianna Lancaster*

Chase seemed distant all morning. All the way from my penthouse to his and then to the school after changing in our uniforms and having breakfast, he wasn’t himself.

I couldn’t guess anything. He talked a little, smiled even less and didn’t quite look me in the eye. I wondered what was wrong. I tried asking but he just shrugged.

What could possibly go wrong after that tremendous night?

It had kept me awake all night. I was stirred… excited. I had never felt so good all my life. I wondered how I’d feel when all of this was over… when Chase and I will go our separate ways…

And suddenly I didn’t want to think about it. I hated thinking about later…

So I tried to concentrate on what Mr. Lawrence was saying while Chase fiddled with his fingers absent mindedly. I didn’t mind that since at least he was attending the class which was a miracle itself. Of what I knew, Chase barely attended any class. And this was his third he was attending with me.

Maybe he was just sticking with me.

Yeah he was. As soon as the class was over, he slipped his hand in mine walking me with him. Without any word he pulled me with him in the guy’s toilet. I gasped loudly as the guys in there turned to gape at me.