Chapter 6

--- 6 ---

*Chase Lancaster*

I wished I could have controlled myself. These little slips could make me look weak, which I obviously wasn’t. I just have to learn to control the lustrous urges. Not for the sake of girl I was looking at — who happened to be my wife, but because these slips have cost me a lot in past.

But nothing could be done now; I have already broken the rule of my game; never bend, never show affection and never let your accomplice feel that you’re weak. Even if I was her master, she was successful in manipulating me and that’s where she touched my weakness… I should’ve resisted, controlled myself but…

I heaved a sigh, resting my chin on the tip of my finger, carefully watching Arianna. She wasn’t a Diva but there was something about her that was not ordinary, not common, not in every other girl.

I smiled to myself as I thought how even in utter nervousness; I had always chosen the best. It was true I freaked out when Father decided for me and my sister – Louisia, to get married just because it was a gain for the Company and his reputation which was already sky high. I just couldn’t stand there, face down, nodding at whatever crap Father was deciding for us. I have a life and I liked to live it my way.

Father had always thought about himself and the Company that he had built. He could risk his children for it and he can even kill them, and that’s what he was going to do. The deal with Carlson’s was very important for both the businesses and so I had to ruin it. A loss of few stakes won’t hurt our empire. But marrying into a business deal was unacceptable. So I decided to play my game and after I’ll get what I want, I’ll let the prey go unwounded.

My quest for scandalizing Lancaster Enterprise and breaking the martial relationship with Carlson ended when I laid my eyes on Arianna.

The first time I saw her at the bar I just knew that she’d be an asset for me and when I’ll get what I want, I'll dispose her off with money, property… whatever she asks. She turned out more than my expectations.

Everything happened so fast, I never thought of running a background check on her and I guessed I wouldn’t need one because she was all I want – to make my plan work. She was tough, bold and highly manipulating but I was more controlling than her.

But right now, as I looked at her, sitting behind me on the other side, I felt nervous. I felt nervous as she looked up at me quickly and held my gaze for more than a minute which seemed to stretch longer. I thought I had seen the wetness in her eyes— probably because of the way I treated her but as she looked at me, catching me watching her, the wetness superseded into a strange coldness which made my heart race out of order for just a second. Before looking away I knew what I had seen in her eyes was not boldness but avenge.

I shrugged the thought, looking away and caught Gage’s sight. He quickly hid his smirk. “Man, you look scared.” He mocked.

“You know that’s impossible.” I smiled.

“I can see that…” he chuckled and I ignored it. “I’ve always admired your work and this time you’ve excelled the best.” He smiled and peeked at Arianna and said in a hushed tone. “She’s hot Lancaster.”

I just smiled to myself and Gage didn’t speak for the whole flight to New York. I was excited much to see my Father’s face. I was waiting for the Carlson to react. To blow up the whole deal. Not that I was an enemy here, Lancaster Enterprise was half my company too but this marriage thing was off the hook.

We got off the jet five hours later on the land on elites. I didn’t have to ask Arianna to do anything; she was already behind me in a tail. She knew what to do and what would be my next move. I felt happy with myself. She’ll prove to be worthy; too bad her chapter will end soon, just like most of the chapters in my life; not all relating girls though.