Chapter 15

--- 15 ---

*Arianna Lancaster*

My frozen body shattered into million sparks. Everything inside me started melting at the burning touch of Chase’s lips against mine. The noise in the distance, down the hall –chatting and laughing and clinkering of glasses and giggles, all started to dissolve into the smoke of the fire that had suddenly started.

The heat emitting from his body collided with the flames in my body and everything started to burn with us. Chase’s palm burned soothingly against my cheek.

Part of me wanted to push him away and part of me wanted to crush myself against him and burn with him. Part of me wanted to gasp for breath and part of me wanted to stay breathless.

I couldn’t think of any reason why I was reacting this way. Had I wanted it? Had I wanted to touch him? Apart from the fact that my body was blazing in fire, my mind was numb and frozen to think, sense or notice anything. The only sound I could hear was the hard pounding of my heart, which had stopped just seconds ago when Chase moved closer.

For a moment I wanted to open my eyes and see his face, the look in his eyes. Was he feeling the same way I was? Fire and sparks?

I clutched my dress as Chase pinned me against the marble pillar with all his force. His lips crushed forcefully, urgently against mine and my head hit back. I groaned as a slight pain crept somewhere in distance.

Chase suddenly pulled back, just a tiny bit, so that our cheeks were still slightly brushing together. “Sorry.” He whispered huskily and his breath mingled with mine.

I opened my eyes and found him staring at me. His face was shadowed but his eyes gleamed, unblinkingly. For seconds we just looked into each other’s eyes, until I couldn’t take it. This isn't right. I whispered, totally breathless. “Chase… please—”

“Just don’t…” his gaze dropped down to my lips and even without him touching them, I felt a twisting sensation, like he was pulling me to him. “…don’t move.” He whispered. His fingers now clutched my shoulder tightly now.

“Don’t—”

I started to protest but once again, his lips crushed against mine, again making me go through the sweet agony of burning. For a few seconds it burnt and then when the heat started subsiding slowly, his tongue brushed teasingly over my lower lip and my body was on flames all over again.

Sweetly, rhythmically his tongue touched and teased until I couldn’t take it any more. I brought my hand up to his chest and his heartbeat –wild and agitated, collided with mine. He felt the thudding of our hearts and suddenly his hand, which was cupping my cheek, slipped behind into my hair and his fingers tangled themselves in the loose strands from the delicate up-do.

He forced my mouth into his, increasing the rhythms of his burning tongue, thrusting and forcing its way in. Everything inside me started to melt and I gave up.

Moaning, I slightly parted my lips, letting him in. Nothing was in my control now. My hands that were once frozen now moved up his chest and to his collar.  Ignoring the flaming sensation inside my body, I clasped my hand around his neck, just as his tongue touched mine.

He moaned loudly. A harsh swelling replaced the pounding of my heart. If he went on further, I’d explode… or maybe if he stopped, I'd die.

He explored my mouth expertly, teasing and burning every part, until I slipped my fingers in his hair and clutched around tightly. He groaned, pulling his tongue back but I held on, curling my lips around to trace my tongue onto his swelled and erected lips. He moaned again, tightening his grip on my hair. I moved my tongue inside his mouth, feeling my body relaxing in the agonizingly uncomfortable way.