Chapter 33

--- 33 ---

*Arianna Lancaster*

He left.

And I let him.

I was so heartless! How could I just let him walk away like that when all that he’s ever done for me was be there when I needed him?

But I guess that was for his good only. I guess Brandon had always known how I felt. How I had started liking Chase. He always knew how I felt towards Chase over all the pretended drama of hating him.

I should’ve known what I really felt behind the cover of beneficial encounters… so passionate, lustful, so involving… I should’ve known I was too vulnerable to not feel anything.

But Brandon had known it all along and what ever he did was out of fear of losing me… ‘I’m so sorry Arianna. I tried and failed… But if you’ll ever, ever need me… don’t forget I’d always be there for you…’ Without a second glance, he left forever… but I could still hear his voice clear in my head.

I sighed, closing my eyes and gripped the bench tightly. I have to stay here with the man because of whom Brandon left me.

I hugged myself, wrapping my arms around my chest and stared down at my shoes. That was the only thing I could really see because everything around was making me nauseated.

As cliché as this may sound; I hated hospitals. Who doesn’t?

“Chase will be out shortly.” Gage announced as he came out of the casualty room. He gaped at me, watching me sitting there like a patient. Well, I really didn’t even like visiting hospitals. “Come on,” Gage held my arm and forced me up. “You can use some fresh air.” he started walking with me besides him.

“How is he?” I asked hastily.

“Doc says he’s fine.” I don’t know for what reason, but Gage seemed pissed more than worried.

I was worried. I hadn’t seen anybody fight and get hurt like that. Anything could’ve happened. “He seemed bad.” I mumbled as I remembered how Gage had to force the groaning Chase into the hospital to get his cuts treated.

“This was nothing.” Gage commented carelessly as we got out in the open. “Fortunately he’s just got a bruised rib and a few cuts.”

“Fortunately?” I gasped. “What could’ve been worst Gage?” I turned to him horrified at his lack of worry.

“Trust me, you don’t wanna know.”

“I think I do.” I folded my arms over my chest as we reached the limo.

He heaved a dramatic sigh, looking so ever bored and leaned against the limo, slipping his hands in the pocket. “This was definitely some improvement.” He started. “Chase was known for severe violence once. You should be thankful Montgomery isn’t seriously hurt.”

I stared at him dumbfounded. It was like a bomb on me. Though I didn’t understand why he said Chase was violent but the thought of it was scary. “Why did you say that?” I gulped, readying myself to hear the worst.

“Because Chase had got this aggressive impulse which, if provoked, can be life threatening.” Gage completed almost dramatically.

I stared at him in disbelieve for a minute then rolled my eyes. He might as well be joking seeing how scared I was already. “I still live with him so you don’t need to scare me.”

“I’m not scaring you Ari.” He shook his head. “You have to understand some things.”

“Those would be?” I cocked my chin.