Chapter 27

--- 27 ---

*Arianna Lancaster*

The next day even when it was a weekend, I woke up early. It was because I couldn’t exactly sleep all night, partly because from the anticipation for the next day’s news and partly because of the sensational excitement that I –and Chase too, had experienced over the dinner. It was exciting, fun and a little –just a teensy bit, romantic even though I had skipped the idea of candles that mom had especially suggested. She was totally getting the wrong idea about it and I hadn’t bothered correcting her.

As I walked out of my room I wasn’t surprised to see Chase awake, sitting in the lounge scrutinizing the local morning paper; his brows furred together.

I watched him in anticipation. “Are we in there?”

He looked up at me, frowning a bit. “We didn’t make it to the front page.” I sighed inwardly feeling relaxed, sitting opposite him. “Looks like there are bigger problems the country’s facing…” he sat up a bit, folding the paper in half and held it towards me. “However we did take most of the second page.” He grinned widely and his eyes danced in sheer amusement.

I bolted right up and snatched the paper from him, staring at our picture. Even as I looked at it, I felt my cheeks begin to burn. Chase and I were right in the middle of the crowd, kissing hotly; infuriatingly.

“Not bad, huh?” Chase relaxed back with a wide grin plastered on his face.

“Not bad…” I mumbled; my face became red. I quickly tossed the paper over the coffee table and sat back, sighing inwardly.

“Smile baby. Second page isn’t bad at all.” Chase smirked probably noticing my grimaced face.

I rolled my eyes at him, feeling a little humiliated by the picture. I hadn’t wanted to be in the paper at all, let alone with Chase, kissing him! “Maybe we’ll work hard next time to get the front page then!” I blurted out and immediately regretted it.

 “I’ll—um… I’ll just—” I spluttered, turning very red as Chase’s eyes grew wide in amusement and his smirk deepened.

Couldn’t I just stay quiet!?

*Chase Lancaster*

As she hurried out of the room, red faced, I had the strangest impulse to grab her and be done with it. It was getting out of control now; the lust. Sometimes I felt I wouldn’t be able to take it. Sometimes I just wanted to let it out but I was controlling it.

Most of the time I wasn’t sure for how long I could really control it.

What if she’d wanted it too? I mean we are partners, right? We are living together. We are basically a married couple so why can’t we just do that with all the other things we are just pretending to do?

I grunted at me. I wasn’t making sense to myself! I was just confused. Maybe too confused…

In all, I was becoming hopeless. A pathetic hopeless!

I scowled at my phone as it rang unexpectedly. It was father’s secretary. Heaving an irritable sigh I answered it. “Mr. Lancaster? Its—”

“Morning Paige.” I tired not to sound bored. “Tell me, does my father want to meet me again?”

She hesitated. “Yes Sir.” I knew it. The only time she’d ever call was because Father wanted to have a meeting with me.

“I can’t come.” I told her flatly.