Chapter 15

Candace P.O.V

When Noah came in there was practically steam coming out of his ears. His shoulders were hunched and he looked tense. He made his way around the desk and lifted me out of the chair where I sat. He sat in in my place and placed me on his lap. I squirmed a bit when he stuck his nose into the space between my collarbone and neck. I turned and placed my forehead onto his. His eyes were flickering from his usual exotic blue to the eyes of his wolf and it was easy to see that he was arguing with his wolf about something. I kissed his cheek and attempted to place my head on his chest, trying to ease his tension. As soon as my head hit his chest he pushed me off of his lap and stood up. I stumbled into the desk feeling quite confused and hurt. I was just trying to help and in return he acted like a dick wipe. The hurt flickered across my face and probably rolled off of me in waves. Everything had gone so good lately and now all of a sudden he had returned to his old ways. I wanted to speak to him about what had just happened and hopefully get an explanation for why he was doing this to me. I went to speak but his emotionless voice cut me off.

“I have to go change my shirt, it got.. dirty.” I stared at his retreating figure as he walked into the boy’s locker room where I assumed he had an extra pair of clothing. I couldn’t figure out why he was treating me this way. I wasn’t actually pissed until I walked towards the door and smelled the faint trail of his scent. It was his normal smell mixed with something that I did not appreciate one bit. His scent was mixed with the smell of another she-wolf. His scent was mixed with the smell of a bitch.  

Noah P.O.V

I didn’t like treating her like this one bit. I just really couldn’t have Candace smell me. I was so angry when I walked in that I didn’t even think to change my shirt. The thought didn’t occur to me until she had almost laid her head exactly where I was practically assaulted earlier. I had to get out of there before she got the clue. I knew that any other werewolf would have been able to smell it earlier, but then again Candace is not like other weres. Her parents told me that her scent was slightly impaired compared to others.

I wanted to go try to explain myself to Candace but while I was getting my new tee-shirt on, the warning bell for homeroom rang. I jogged out of the locker room to see if I could catch up with her but it appeared as though she had already left. She must have been very upset if she didn’t even wait. I guess I’ll find out when she has gym.

***

The day passed painfully slow and uneventful. I tried to catch a glimpse of Candace several times but it was like she was avoiding me. When her gym class finally came around, she came in with a large group of people and swiftly stepped into the locker room. I frowned and my wolf started to whine. He didn’t like that his mate was avoiding him. Especially when I know that I had done something wrong. Candace walked out a couple minutes later with a few other girls that I vaguely remembered. I narrowed my eyes and began to clench my fists when I realized that the uniform she was wearing was not the one that I had told her to wear. I gave her a bigger tee-shirt and longer shorts after I had told her that the one she was wearing did not settle my wolf. She agreed but obviously she chose to ignore my demand. I did not like this new tone of disrespect.

Candace P.O.V

After Noah had done role call he demanded that we run around the gym. I had only ran for maybe 20 seconds when he called my name,

“Candace Phillips, my office NOW.” Even in my pissed off state, I still got shivers down my spine when he said my name. I ran to his office and followed him into a janitorial closet in the back.

“Why to hell are we..” Before I could finish asking my question he had shut the door and switched on the light above us.

“What the fuck do you think you’re doing?” His voice came out as a hiss and his eyes were completely black now. I could feel my hard exterior start to slip but I refused to let it show.

“I was wearing the uniform that everybody else wears, what’s it to you?” I gave him an expression as if to say ‘try me’. He growled and pulled me towards him so that he was looking down at me.

“I do not appreciate the disrespect little miss . Why have you been avoiding me? And don’t you dare give me that ‘I don’t know what you’re talking about’ shit, because it’s not working today.” Damn he did know what I was up to.

“Why are you so upset with me? I’m not the one that’s cheating, now am I?” I crossed my arms across my chest and looked at the mop hanging up to the right of me. When the information processed through Noah’s head he took a step back and crouched to my eye level. He tried to grab my chin but I squirmed out of the hold. He tried to pull me into a hug but I took a step back. Noah let out a sigh of frustration before he began to speak again.

“Baby, are you talking about the smell on my shirt?” I turned to look at him with cold, hard eyes.

“No. I’m talking about the smell and the way you’ve been treating me. It was going so good and then all of a sudden you just turn cold.” This time when Noah tried, he was successful in pulling me into a hug. That didn’t mean that I wanted to be in his arms though…

“Sweetheart, just hear me out. I love you and I would never cheat on you. The reason that I had the smell on me was because when I was in the teacher’s lounge one of the teachers fell and I caught her before she fell. I didn’t want to tell you at first.. Because well I knew that you might be upset. I didn’t think you would catch the scent. I love you,” He gave me a slight kiss on my lip sand looked into my eyes for acceptance.

“Fine, but this isn’t over. We’re going to talk when we get home,”

“Whatever you want. Now go join them and don’t avoid me again,” With that he opened the door of the closet and hit my ass. “You can go now,” I stuck my tongue out in response to his cheeky little smile. I stepped out of his office and joined the rest of the people running. I found Emma and we began to follow each other in step. She winked at me and I laughed just imaging what was going through her dirty little mind. You’ve gotta love Emma.

A/N:

I know it was short but I needed to get something up. As I have told many of you, I just got back from a month long stay at the hospital. I had to stay to get tested due to one of my blood disorders and I had to get multiple transfusions due to my anemia. I wasn’t able to write during my stay so as soon as I got home I started writing. Let’s hope for more chapters and no more hospital stays. :) By the way.. PLEASE check out my very close friend’s page. Her name’s lyssaroseee on wattpad and her story is ‘Left in the Shadows; Margret's Full Story’. She’s an aspiring writer and she’s very close to me. The more reads she has the more she encourages me to write my story. She’s not only a friend but a sister to me so it would mean a lot <3 You could also follow her on twitter @Alyssa_Foxxx . Hehe, don't tell her that I sent you though she'll get pissed XD She wants to make this big point of 'people will find my story on their own' but I just want to help speed up the process :p.  BTW I don’t have a twitter :(  I know guys I’m lame, but honestly I've never been into the social networking stuff. So follow Alyssa and read her story. URGGG. Words can’t even describe how AMAZING you guys are. I love each and every one of you. That's all for now