Chapter 9

Candace P.O.V

The ride home was silent, the tears had already stopped coming. My parents didn’t know what to say because this was practically unheard of. I was too young to understand the full extent of what the condition meant for my future but I was vaguely aware of the fact that it meant I would never have the most precious thing to a she-wolf. Even the pack doctor was taking pity on me, I could tell. People had already started talking, even more than there pity for me was their pity for my future mate. On the way out I was avoided like the plague as if you could catch such a thing. The following week kids were talking too, I was the new freak. All the people I grew up with and had known forever treated me like a monster. The girls just looked at me with sorry glances but the boys were the worse. Most would find anything to tease me about and the new medical information was gold to them.

“You’re a freak! You’re gonna grow up and no one will even want you, not even your mate!” The words made my eyes brim with tears. This I endured every day. Every day I would come home with gum in my hair, a new story to tell.

“They don’t like me,” I wailed while my mother tried to drag a comb through the sticky mat of hair on my head. She heard me say the same things over again but never interrupted, she knew it was hard. That day I was told that I would be taken out of this hell hole. I could go somewhere else; meet new friends so they would not have to know about my past. No kids would tease me because I would not let them. This is the choice I had made for myself before even moving to the mountains. Still for years I would have nightmares, the words hurt because they screamed the truth:

“No one will want you!”

“I bet the moon goddess didn’t even give you a mate.”

“You don’t deserve one!”

“I feel bad for…..

Reality hit me like a bucket of cold water. I inhaled a breath of relief, glad that I had escaped the awful flashbacks. I realized moments later that strong arms were wrapped around my waist and a husky voice was whispering into my ear. I now also realized that I must have been crying. Crying in a dream? Who the fuck does that? Oh, yeah ME; alright back to the subject at hand…. I turned to see my mate holding me, obviously trying to comfort me too.

“Baby, what’s wrong?” Mmmmm, his morning voice is just tooo sexy for words. He did seem legitimately worried though. Was this even the same person that tried to pressure me into sex just a couple hours ago? The tingles confirmed that it was though. His nose grazed to tip of my collarbone causing me to shiver and let out a sigh.

“I just had a bad dream, that’s all.” He didn’t look convinced.

“Why don’t you tell me so I can help? I can feel your anxiety through our link.” Shit, I forgot that mates had a built in link. He can’t read my thoughts or anything like that until we mate though.

“It’s nothing, just let it go. Everything’s fine.”

“Don’t tell me to let it go, if you are feeling any bad feelings I want to know so that I can make it better. As your mate my purpose is to protect you and pleasure you, I WILL stay true to that.” Here’s the alpha I know. My wolf had me bowing my head in submission before I could register what I was doing. She already loves Noah and his wolf; she’s already pressuring me to mate. He seemed a bit shocked by this motion but did not say anything. It was starting to get very awkward……  WTF? I’m late for school! Trying to move out of Noah’s arms was like a fish flopping around out of water. He growled at me and nipped at my ear.

“Noah, I have to get ready for school. I’m already late!” Still, he had not let up his death grip.

“I already called in sick, you’re staying with me today so I can get to know you,”

“You can’t call in sick! You can’t get a substitute for a substitute,”

“Sweetheart, I can do whatever I want. I’m alpha.” He smirked and held on tighter. That prick! When his dad handed him the alpha title I’m sure he didn’t say ‘Now here, just abuse this title to get whatever your small heart desires’. Coming face to face with him I began to pout.

“Please. I want to go see my friends; they’ll be worried if I don’t show up.” My lower lip started to quiver, yet his eyes never softened.

“Go take a shower so our day together can start. Don’t take too long or I’ll have to go in there and get you myself.” Pshhhhh. So much for pouting. He pushed me off of the bed and in the direction of the shower.

“Remember, not too long.” With that he smirked and walked out of the room. Of course it’s my luck that I get stuck with an ass. It could be worse, he could be ugly.

                After my short shower I hopped out and wrapped myself in a fluffy white towel that was hanging off of the marble counter. I had enough towel material to wrap it around me a total of 3 times, this guy was a dinosaur! I cursed myself for not getting my bag earlier, afraid that if I went out there my wolf would lose control and I would be on a hunt for my mate’s member. So of course going against my better judgment I stepped out into the cold air. I really didn’t have a choice… Here it goes

*A/N*

AHHHHH! Don’t hate me, it was a short one! I also found it more efficient to end it there just so I could get an update out there. I FREAKING LOVE YOUR COMMENTS AND VOTES! So keep doing it (it doesn’t hurt to follow me either) :) Ohhh and I just got a new Australian transfer student in one of my classes. I love Australians <3 they’re my fav. Just kidding I love all human species, I just think Australian accents are superr sexy. Love you beautifuls   [reviewing this now I have come to realize just how random that paragraph was...] :p