Chapter 13

*A/N-

Before I start the next chapter I just thought that I would apologize to the person that messaged me on my message board the other day XD. I’m not mental or anything, I promise. It had just been a really long night and I was just about to fall asleep when I decided to respond to the message and I ended up not reading the entire thing and responding with the wrong information. So if ever you ask a question and   I answer with the wrong information do not be alarmed. I’m either tired or loopy. Enjoy the chapter, you get a lot of Noah’s perspective in this (: *

Noah P.O.V

I informed her parents on everything I had learned but I didn’t waste time, I knew there were still things out there that I was unaware of and they were things that I needed to know.

“You know a lot…..” The voice of my mate’s father trailed off into the phone.

“Tell me everything, now”

“She does have Factor V Leiden but she also has multiple blood related disorders.”

“What does that mean for our future? Why can’t she have kids?”

“After a difficult birth we discovered that she had severe blood loss and had to have multiple transfusions all throughout her childhood. That led to an iron deficiency and she was told that in any other being it would be quite impossible for her to support human life, but due to her being a werewolf it was still possible. But when she was 10 she was diagnosed with Factor V Leiden. This normally would not have been a huge deal but because of all the previous conditions she had it did in fact lead to infertility. This was unheard of to our species and so she was bullied and harassed at school. That’s when we decided that it would be best to move to the mountains. In all honesty by moving to the mountains we thought that we would be able to avoid her mate, at least for a little while. We never expected that he would be right here all along.” This was followed by an awkward chuckle but I was less than amused. My wolf was upset with this new found information but he was also pretty pissed with the fact that his mate’s parents had tried to keep him away from Candace.

“So there’s nothing I could do?”

“Not that we know about, we’ve been all over looking for new treatments and things but we are always left with the same answer. The doctors say that it’s not possible and even if it would be it would be too dangerous. Don’t you think we would want to be grandparents? We really tried everything.” That wasn’t the answer I wanted to hear. After the revelation I couldn’t listen anymore. Without another word I hung up and put the phone on my desk. I had more important things to do then explain my abrupt ending to the conversation. I have to go upstairs and hold my beautiful mate. I’d find a way to make this work I just knew it. My phone buzzed right before I had gotten up to leave the room. The message was from my good friend Brendan.

Hey man I was just wondering if you were coming in for work tomorrow

Shit! Brendan was the principal for the high school and the reason that I had become a substitute for the gym class in the first place. I guess I had to tell him that I didn’t intend on coming in. I needed at least a little time with Candace. I needed to get all of this straightened out.