Chapter 12

Candace P.O.V

When we arrived at the house I was surprised to be met by an empty porch. I’m fairly sure that Noah mentioned that his brother was coming to town. After sitting in the car for a couple silent minutes he cut off the engine and spoke up for the first time since I told him.

“I told him that it would be best to stay at the pack house tonight,” Knowing that he meant his brother; I nodded numbly and reached for the door. Before I had time to open it Noah was already at the side opening it for me, I tried to manage a smile but I could hardly do that. He walked in front of me and unlocked the door. He led me up the staircase and down a hall way until we reached the room I had slept in before. Unsure of what to do, I sat on the bed and slowly took off my shoes. Noah stood by the door way, looking like he was evaluating me in some way. I felt like he was making a decision, probably the one to reject me. My heart swelled with pain and my wolf howled in the back of my mind with just the mere thought of the pain I would be put into if this was really to happen. My lip started to quiver and my eyes blurred. I looked down at my hands, ashamed with the thought that this might be the last day I would ever spend with my mate. It had only been a couple days and somehow I had already managed to lose the only mate I would ever get. I cried with the thought of how I would never get to experience the joy of having a mate just like I would never get to experience the joy of being a mother. Sobs shook my body and my small hands were used to cover my face in a lame attempt of hiding my weakness. Slowly, my hands were peeled from my face and were replaced by the feeling of Noah’s comforting eyes, bearing into my own. He pulled me onto his lap and put his head on top of mine. He encased my body in his own large one and rocked me back and forth all while rubbing my back. I cried and cried but he never asked why. He just held on to me like his life depended on it and he never let go. He didn’t say a thing but only used his motions to comfort me. He just continued to rock me, as I fell into a dreamless sleep.

Nate P.O.V

I can’t believe that mother fucker! I came all the way from New York and he couldn’t have the decency to show up! Instead he told me to stay at the pack house, what the actual freaking fuck is that?!? After 20 minutes of me sitting on the porch, the beta Logan showed up and told me to get in the his jeep. The only explanation I received was that Noah had ‘important matters to attend to’. Psh, banging your mate in the back seat is not an important matter! I know my brother and I know that he always gets the best of everything. I bet his mate is freaking perfect just like him! UGGGGGG. Is it fair that he gets a perfect mate and I don’t even fucking get one? How jacked up is that?!?Without even meaning to my wolf had come out of his corner in my mind and made himself present. I instantly mellowed as my wolf brought up all the times we had had with Emeli and all the times I would be forced to live without her. My wolf retracted with the thought of any other girl being in our presence. The only time nowadays I really ever noticed him was when a coworker from work would come with her boobs half hanging out of her dress, asking me if I wanted to go out later for some drinks. My wolf would instantly growl and whimper begging me to say no to the desperate girl’s attempts, not that I would ever say yes to the sluts I’m around. I guess he still wasn’t over Emeli’s death just yet. Over the years I had learned to accept it and the only days I had problems with were the typical, her birthday, Valentine’s Day, and the day she died. I still didn’t like to think of the latter though. I found that in New York I could just forgot about it and get away from the heartbreak. Life was so busy that I hardly had time to think at all; my mother, perfect brother, and even Emeli, were all far off in my mind when I was in my work place. I guess that’s the thing that was quite refreshing about the city, with a coffee and legal report in hand everything could disappear from my difficult past. Nobody cared about you or your past in NYC and I found that great.

Noah P.O.V

I held Candace in my arms until she finally closed her eyes and her breathing slowed. I could not stand the thought of her being upset especially when I knew that I couldn’t help her. My wolf had already told me that it was going to be okay, that just having Candace would be enough. To be able to give up the alpha position for him is a very big sacrifice so it’s obvious that Candace already is his world. Without a son to take over as alpha I couldn’t rein. I would have to step down and give the power to my next eligible wolf. I knew that my beta Logan would do a fine job, but that doesn’t mean that I would willingly hand down my position without knowing the possibilities. I set Candace down gently on the bed and then swiftly exited the room; I needed to get to the bottom of this. I would not go down without giving it a fighting chance. I went down the hall way and took a left into my large office. On the corner of my desk laid the file which contained the information I needed to know about my mate. I opened the file and flipped to the first sheet of paper where the names and numbers of both parents were listed. I was ready to demand knowledge; I needed to know how to help my mate. Taking my cell out of my pocket, I dialed the first number labeled Current home phone: . The phone beeped and beeped, waiting for someone to pick it up. Just when I was about to hang up a groggy voice came over the line,

“Phillip’s residence how may I help you?”

“You could help me by telling me everything about your daughter’s physical state. I want medical records and don’t try to give me any bull shit because I’m not afraid to go to your alpha and report this.” My voice held an air of authority to it and you had to be half crazy not to listen to me. From the other line of the phone I heard shuffling and the muffled sound of two voices. But as I predicted I eventually was met with a sigh and a defeated response,

“How much has she told you?” I knew that I would always get my way.

*A/N*

GUYYYSSSS! I know that I left off with a really short chapter but I’ll have more coming soon. Thank you so much for all of your support and I really appreciate it. I decided to have the P.O.Vs switch off so much so that you could get a better understanding of the drama that’s sure to arise sooner or later o.0 and if anyone would like to send me covers for the book, that would be great (: If you’d like you can still use the same picture, just give it a more artistic look. To find the picture just look up ‘Michael Keute’ and it should be under there. Or you bitches can just look at him because he is SUPERsexy. ;) If you did I would love you forever…… shmanks babies