Chapter 16

Candace P.O.V-

The rest of the day passed smoothly, but there was always this voice in the back of my mind telling me that something was up with Noah. I didn’t say anything about the subject on our drive home or when we arrived at the house. I waited till after we had dinner, when we were laying on the couch to bring it up. I was lying down with my head in Noah’s lap while he was sitting upright playing with a strand of my hair.

“Baby…” I looked up to see Noah’s face while I was talking to him.

“Hmm?” He stopped playing with my hair and looked down at me with softened eyes. I almost couldn’t bare to bring this up..

“I was thinking about what happened earlier.”

“Is that so?” He raised his eye brow and sat me up so that I was facing him. “Darling, I already told you that the whole situation was innocent.”

“You don’t have to lie to me; I know that you’re not telling me exactly what happened. Do you honestly think that I’m that stupid? If it was so innocent then why didn’t you tell me in the first place? You know that I would have understood. Do you think that just because I’m not like other wolfs that you can lie to me? I’m sick but I’m not a dumb ass, I know when something’s not right.” I knew that I was ranting but that was what I tended to do when I got angry or frustrated. I was just ready for an answer. 

“I don’t think your stupid or that you’re a dumb ass, it’s just that it’s a..”

“NO. I don’t want excuses this time. Tell me the truth or I’m calling Emma and telling her to pick me up. I’ll stay at her house and I guarantee that I won’t be coming back.” Taking in the threatening tone in my voice, Noah growled and a scowl was set on his face,

“Over my dead body.” He growled again and clenched his fists at his side.

“Then tell me what happened!” I was yelling at this point but I really could care less. Noah looked at the frustration in my eyes and froze. He took a breath and ran his hand down his face. My fingers started to stretch as my wolf tried to get me to comfort him, but I absolutely refused to touch him until I got answers. Noah sighed but started to speak reluctantly,

“Jesus. The smell was Miss.Talbot and she didn’t fall, she forced herself on to me. I pushed her off of me and told her that she needs to back off.”  I saw the truth in his eyes. I wasn’t happy at all to hear that someone else was all over my mate but I was relieved that he was telling me the truth. I knew that if he had tried anything with her I would have felt it. When someone’s mate physically cheats on them it becomes very apparent and their wolf is able to feel the pain of separation.

“You could have told me, I’m pissed at her but..” There was a loud knock at the door interrupting me in mid-sentence. Noah looked just as confused as I did. He lives in a separate house in a very secluded area. He didn’t say anything about anyone coming over either. He stood up and kissed my cheek. His lips lingered near my ear long enough to tell me to stay in place. I nodded and watched him walk towards the front hallway. He opened the door and in one moment 5 things happened at once: Noah growled threateningly, the same scent hit my nose, I ran to the front door, I saw Miss.Talbot’s body against my mates, all hell broke loose.