Day 26

'Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace.'

Ephesians 6:14-15

The belt of truth. To accept the truth that God is real, and he loves you. For without that, you cannot live as a Christian. Something so simple, yet so often hard to believe. There are moments when you think that God has left you, that there is no God, that it was all a lie. But those moments should not destroy your faith. It's probably the hardest thing, but keep on believing. Don't let the devil get in the way. Know for now and for always that God is here by your side, and that he loves you more than words can express. The truth will protect you.

Then put on the breastplate of righteousness. Righteousness is not the same as being right. You don't have to be right all the time. God is our teacher, and teachers don't expect you to be correct all the time. We all make mistakes. Righteousness is understanding that some things hurt people, and some things help. Righteousness is having the best morals, the morals that put God first, and others second. Righteousness is being the person that does not gossip or offend, but that shows love and kindness to all.

And finally, the shoes that will prepare you and help you to bring the peace of God's word to everyone. Remember that peace isn't ignoring things that are wrong. Peace is standing up for what is right, but without violence or anger. Peace is the calmness of your Heavenly Father, and the love that shines thro ugh you. To be peaceful means to be gentle and to know that words can hurt. If someone is peaceful then they will stand out, and others will want to be around them. Be that person. Let God's peace reflect off you.

Prayer

Dear Lord,

Thank you for the Armour of God. Thank you for peace, for righteousness, and for the truth that you are real. Please help me to wear the belt of truth, and not be full of doubt. Help me to put on the breastplate of righteousness, for I want to be full of your love. Please give me the shoes of peace, that I may share the peace that you have given me.

Amen