Day 15

'Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of people in their deceitful scheming. Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will grow to become in every respect the mature body of him who is the head, that is, Christ. From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work.'

Ephesians 4:14-16

Everyone reading this comes from different parts of the world. Different countries, continents even, and yet we all join together in the name of God. There are Christian communities in every part of the world, but every single one of them is built around faith, grace and love. Christ is the head of the church, but we make up the body. That is why it is so amazing that something like this that I am writing can reach different bones, different ligaments, of the body of God.

The cool thing is that every part does a different job. As Christians, we don't all have to be the same. We can find God in all kinds of situations, and do his work in many ways. You don't have to be boring! God has a unique plan for everyone. That means that if you don't think God is calling you to go to church all the time but to actually go out and spread his word with the non-Christians around you instead of Church, then that's fine. Just because you believe in God, it doesn't mean you have to go to Church. You can do God's work in so many more ways.

Furthermore, every part builds itself up in love. That means that everything that we do in the name of Jesus is based on love. And the different parts can join together in love, like a kind of glue, to become one body of Christianity. We all make up one body. No matter how different we are, we join together as on e. No ligament is alone, for the others will back it up. Just like how anyone reading this can back the others reading this up. Don't be afraid to comment or anything if you want prayer or help. I'll pray for you, and hopefully of other guys want to, they will as well. I think God wants us all to join up as one, even if we do live far apart. For this isn't just a devotional. It's a community of Christ.

Prayer

Dear Lord,

Thank you that you have given us different jobs to do. Please help me to do what you call me to do, even if it is something that no other Christians do. Thank you that you have unique plans for everyone of us, and thank you for making me unusual and special in my own way. Thank you for building us in love. Thank you for making us all combine together as one body of Christ.

Amen