Day 7

'Therefore, remember that formerly you who are Gentiles by birth and called "uncircumcised" by those who call themselves "the circumcision" (which is done in the body by human hands)— remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, excluded from citizenship in Israel and foreigners to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world. But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near by the blood of Christ.'

Ephesians 2:11-13

I'm a squeamish person, so I'm not going to go into too much detail about circumcision, but it's basically a Jewish or another religion's tradition where the foreskin of a male baby is cut off. This is still done nowadays, for both hygiene and religious reasons, including with Christians, but for the purpose of today, I'm going to say it is a Jewish tradition. This circumcision set the people of Israel apart, meaning that they and they only could know and love God.

But that all changed when Jesus died. Christ gave up his life for us so that everyone could know God, not just the people of Israel. He made having a relationship with God easy for anyone, not just for the select few. That is why Jesus dying on the cross means so much to us as Christians. Without him, most of us would never be able to know God! And without God in your life, who knows where you would be? God is our hope, our saviour, our Father, our King... there are unlimited ways to describe him. Jesus has saved us from a life of misery and sadness. Now all you can do is to help other people be saved too.

You know what I would tell you, I've written about sharing the news of God about a million times already, so there's no point in me saying it again. But Jesus died so that everyone could have the opportunity of having a life with God. But you can't take up the opportunity unless you know about it, right ? So, even if most people laugh at you, tell them about this wonderful chance to change their lives spend eternity in heaven.

Prayer

Dear Lord,

Thank you for dying on the cross for me. Thank you for making a life with you possible for everyone, and for giving me the opportunity to have it. Please help me to share the good news with everyone. Please let them realise that it's not some joke, but that you are real and that you do love them.

Amen