Day 3

'In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will, in order that we, who were the first to put our hope in Christ, might be for the praise of his glory. And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God's possession—to the praise of his glory.'

Ephesians 1:11-14

It's day two (or three, if you count the first one) of our bible study into Ephesians. Today I wanna talk to you about our inheritance. The verse says that the Holy Spirit acts as a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance - BUT WHAT ACTUALLY IS OUR INHERITANCE? Think of it like this. We are God's children. When Jesus died, he gave us an inheritance, like you might get from an elderly relative. That inheritance is kept safe in our true home (heaven). But I still haven't answered the question yet. What is our inheritance?

Our inheritance is a place in heaven. It is a home alongside God, a home alongside Jesus. In heaven, there are no worries, no tears, no sorrow. There is no death, or illness, or disease. It is perfect. God made it perfect, because he is perfect. Heaven is a chance to be with your Father. As Revelations 21:4 says, 'He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.' God has promised us this place in heaven. It is reserved for us.

Here's the sad thing. God wants to have absolutely everyone in his house, but unfortunately, many people think having a God is some kind of joke. And without believing in him, the Holy spirit will not act as a deposit guaranteeing your place in heaven. And that's really where we come in. Yet again, I ask everyone (including me) to introduce your friends to Jesus. I'm not going to repeat what I've said so many times before, but I just want to remind you. I forget a lot of the time as well. But if you can show your friends that God is real, you can guarantee them that place in Heaven. And in Heaven, the more the merrier!

Prayer

Dear Lord,

Thank you for guaranteeing me a place in heaven. Thank you for my inheritance. Thank you that I have a chance to spend the rest of eternity with you in a perfect world. Please help me to always believe in you. Help me to introduce my friends to my faith, and show them that you are the one true God.

Amen