Day 9

'Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and strangers, but fellow citizens with God's people and also members of his household, built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone. In him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord. And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit.'

Ephesians 2:19-22

God lives in us. He lives in us! If anyone has heard the song 'He lives in you' from the Lion King 2, it kinda shows just what I mean. If you say that it's talking about God, then you realise just how true it is, for practically all the chorus lyrics are about God (I have added this video onto the bottom of the devotional today if you want to hear it). God isn't far away from us, or near us, he's in us! His spirit lives in us, and as the Son, the Father and the Spirit are one, it means He lives in us!

The Holy Spirit is our driving force, our fuel, our motivation. It will help us to get closer to God, to share his news, and to be full of the love he has given us. I tell you now, without the Holy Spirit living in us, it would be a million times harder to reach God. If we use the Holy Spirit in the way that God intended us to, then we would be able to live fully and wholly as a Christian. Listen to that tiny voice in your head, the one you're not sure where it comes from, and whether you're making it up. Do what you feel God is telling you, because even if that's not what he's saying to you, he won't be angry, and say that you're not worthy enough. He'll just pick you up and put you on the right path.

If you haven't asked for the Holy Spirit to fill you, that's fine. If you don't want it to fill you, that's also fine. Even if you have already asked it to fill you, but you want to start afresh and let it fill you again, do so. I can't tell you the amount of times when I've re-asked to be filled with His spirit, and started afresh. But today, I know that God wants to see the Spirit living in you. He wants to fill you with his love, and kindness, and joy, and peace, and goodness knows what else. God wants to live in you.

Prayer

Dear Lord,

Please fill me with your Spirit. Fill me with you, so that I may go out and share your love. Guide me along the right path, Lord, and help me when I stray from it. Please live in me, and give me the fuel for everything I do as a Christian. Help me to know you always, and to live a radical and amazing life with you inside me.

Amen