Day 4

'For this reason, ever since I heard about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all God's people, I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers. I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people, and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is the same as the mighty strength he exerted when he raised Christ from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms, far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every name that is invoked, not only in the present age but also in the one to come. And God placed all things under his feet and appointed him to be head over everything for the church, which is his body, the fullness of him who fills everything in every way.'

Ephesians 1:15-23

Here are a few main points that I have been able to make out from this bible verse. I believe that God thinks that these are very important for us now as Christians, and that is why he has told me to write them down.

Wisdom comes from God. God is the one who will give you the wisdom to understand his teachings. Don't take stuff like that for granted. And if you don't understand something, don't panic and think that you're not clever enough to get it. Just ask God, people! He will give you everything you need to know to get what he's saying. And this wisdom, it's not given to you so that you can be an intelligent scholar or philosopher. It's given to you simply so that you can know God better. And That's kind of the most important thing. Getting to know God. If you know God, then you can truly have a wonderful relationship with him.

God is power. No-one can rule God. No-one can beat him, or defeat him, or tell him what to do. The problems that seem so huge to you are tiny for God. Even if you find yourself in an awful mess, nothing is too big for God.

God is the head of the church. I feel that at this day and age, some Christians don't really get that. I guess what I'm trying to say is that some people go to church to sing to God, and to chat about God, but don't really realise that the Church is God. I'm not saying that all that stuff isn't great, of course it's great, but what you've got to remember is that Church is in the presence of God. It's not about whether you look good while you are worshipping, or whether there are enough youth leaders, it's about being in the presence of God. And when you are in the presence of God, you don't need to put an act on. You don't need to pretend. God sees you as you are, not as how you want to look to everyone at church. I think that what I'm saying now could be quite contradictory, and it may be completely wrong, but I just felt that I needed t o get that out there.

Prayer

Dear Lord,

Thank you that you are full of wisdom. Please give me wisdom so that I may know you more. Thank you that you are power, and that nothing can overcome you. Please stop this problem (whatever is going on in your life) and give me peace. And thank you that you are the church. Help me to not wear a mask when I am in your building, and to be myself.

Amen