Day 20

'For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light (for the fruit of the light consists in all goodness, righteousness and truth) and find out what pleases the Lord. Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them. It is shameful even to mention what the disobedient do in secret. But everything exposed by the light becomes visible—and everything that is illuminated becomes a light. This is why it is said: "Wake up, sleeper, rise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you."'

Ephesians 5:8-14

Here's a question for you: if you were a light, what type of light would you be? Would you be a torch light, or a ceiling light, or maybe a star? I think I would be a candle (I'm not really sure why, but I think I would). Well, here's the cool news. You are like that light! You are like that bedside lamp, or whatever you came up with. You are a light in the Lord! So whatever light you think you would be, in Christ you are pretty much that light!

So what does it mean to be a light? All lights have some kind of fuel to keep them going (OK, maybe not a star. Don't get all sciency with me.). Whether it's a battery, electrical power, gas or a match, they all have a fuel. What's your fuel? The Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is that thing that keeps your light going, and supplies you with the energy to shine. Just like any other kind of fuel, the Holy Spirit helps you to keep on persevering, and get through tough situations.

OK, here's the big questions. How do you be a light? Simple. Shine out with god's love in every situations. Amongst your friends, be the one that shows love, and kindness, and generosity. Explore! As the verse says, find out what pleases the Lord! You could care for someone in need! You could be full of joy and laughter, so that people will always be happy when they see you! There are loads of things that you could do to be a light. So go out, and share the glow of that torch, that star, that chandelier, that glow-stick!

Prayer

Dear Lord,

Thank you for being my daddy. Thank you that I am a child of the light. Please help me to be a light amongst my friends. Please help me to shine like a ......... (whatever light you are). Help others to see you through me.

Amen