Day 11

'God has given me the wonderful privilege of telling everyone about this plan of his; and he has given me his power and special ability to do it well. Just think! Though I did nothing to dese rve it, and though I am the most useless Christian there is, yet I was the one chosen for this special joy of telling the Gentiles the Glad News of the endless treasures available to them in Christ; and to explain to everyone that God is the Saviour of the Gentiles too, just as he who made all things had secretly planned from the very beginning. And his reason? To show to all the rulers in heaven how perfectly wise he is when all of his family—Jews and Gentiles alike—are seen to be joined together in his Church in just the way he had always planned it through Jesus Christ our Lord. Now we can come fearlessly right into God's presence, assured of his glad welcome when we come with Christ and trust in him. So please don't lose heart at what they are doing to me here. It is for you I am suffering, and you should feel honoured and encouraged.'

Ephesians 3:7-13

Today I felt God was telling me to use the TLB version (the Living Bible), instead of the usual NIV version. At first, I had literally no idea why, but now I know for certain. As you can see, Paul, who most probably wrote Ephesians, thought very little of himself. He pretty much thought he was the worst Christian of his time. And you can probably understand why - Paul used to be called Saul before he became Christian, and spent most of his time then persecuting Believers in Christ. So Paul was pretty much the least likely guy to be chosen to play a huge part in God's plan.

Yet he was chosen. Out of all the numerous Christians in the area at the time, Paul, the previous murderer and torturer, was selected to share the wonderful news of God with all the Gentiles. As he said himself, he had done nothing to deserve it, yet he ended up doing miraculous work in the name of God. Paul practically wrote half of the New Testament, including Ephesians, Galatians, Romans, both Corinthians, Philippians and 7 or 8 others. It's kind of crazy, thinking about it, how someone who was soooooo anti-Christian to begin with became a devoted apostle and did so much work in the name of God.

So what I basically want to tell you is that you don't have to be extra special to play a huge part in God's plan. Even if you are the lowest in the class in every subject, God can use you. And he will use you! You are a wonderful child of God, and he has had an individual plan for you from the minute you had been created in your mum's womb. Paul thought he was useless, but he ended up changing the world as we know it. And God is calling each and every one of you to play a part in his plan. Don't think you're not good enough. No-one is not good enough.

Prayer

Dear Lord,

Thank you that I can play a part in your plan. Thank you that you are calling me, and me alone, to do something very, very special. Thank you that even someone who doesn't deserve it, like Paul, can be chosen to change the world. Please help me to follow the path you have chosen for me. Please give me the opportunities to do things in your Name.

Amen