Page 13

Daryl pushed me off him instantly. I backed away shocked away and hurt. I didn’t know what to do.

“What are you trying to do?” Daryl spat at me.

“I, uh, I don’t know.” I looked away awkwardly. Geez, I could’ve said something better.

Daryl stared at me. I had no idea what was going through his mind right now. Honestly, I didn’t even want to know. He’s disgusted by me. He’ll never talk to me after this. We’ll go back to the prison and it will be like I never existed.

“Lets just get what we need and go.” And we don’t need this...is what Daryl probably thought after that. Why would Daryl ever what me? I was a weak girl who can’t fend for herself. I'd just slow him down. Probably get him killed while I'm at it.

I followed, silently behind Daryl. Being careful not to get to close so he won’t be uncomfortable. We entered another room and Daryl filled my bag with items. Then tossed the bag to me. After he turned away and we made our way out back to his motorcycle. Not once did Daryl ever make eye contact with me. His face showed no emotion at all.

~

Once Daryl got off his bike, he went straight inside. I frowned to myself then kicked the wall next to me.

“Why!” I repeatedly kicked and kicked. “What a idiot!” I moaned and slid down the wall. Not caring how bad it hurt.

I quickly recovered from my breakdown and went inside to give Hershel the baby stuff. I walked in there and carefully placed my bag on the table where Hershel, Beth, and Carl were sat at. Hershel looked through it and went to got the formula ready.

“Did you two have any trouble?”

“No. It well.” I forced my fakest smile at Beth. Earning a questioning look from her and Carl.

“Then what’s wrong with Daryl?” Carl asked. “Last time I saw him like this it was when we left Merle behind.”

“Who’s Merle?” I asked, confused.

“Daryl hasn’t told you?” Beth asked, looking surprised. Like she thought Daryl would tell me his life story during the short time I’ve known Daryl. It’s only been about 3 days.

“No. Why would he tell me that?”

“I thought you and Daryl...” Beth’s voice drifted off.

“Oh! You thought - No.” I shook my head eagerly, almost causing whiplash. I turned away from them, making my way outside to my tent.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: 

Ouch. Daryl that hurt from all the way over here in the real life. Heh. What do you think is Dixon's problem?

Incase you guys wanted to know I am already finished with the next page [Might I add the next page is quit long compared to my other pages.] and I'm working on "Page 15" as we speak. I just wanted to be sure I don't forget to update because of school. Becuase I appreciate all of you that come here on Monday to read my fanfic. It means so much. Also thanks for 2000+ reads, 100+ likes, and 50+ comments! Keep them coming!

~ Amanda