Page 12

First part of my author's note: Woah guys! Early update! Don't you think? Well it's cause I love you guys. ;* So I hope y'all enjoy! 

Daryl and I made it to what looked like a daycare. We scanned the perimeter. Then Daryl went in and checked in. I noticed him looking at the left for a while with a frown, but couldn't see while I was outside. Daryl nodded to me, signaling it was clear. He made his way to me and held his hand out to help me in from the window. I smiled and thanked him. It upsetted me how fast the warmth of his hand left mine. I looked to the left to see what had caught Daryl's eye and all I saw was paper hands with names on them. My guess was Daryl had lost a kid.

"Give me your bag." Daryl whispered. He was crouched down looking through a cabinet. I had no idea what this stuff was. I had never really been around kids. So I decided I'd just look for toys and maybe clothes. I started to make my way out of this room, but was stopped by Daryl’s voice.

“Where do you think you’re going?”

“Just to look for more stuff.” I didn’t see what the big deal was. Daryl scowled at me, but then returned to what he was doing before. I made my way through the small hall, until I spotted a toy room. There was a small circle rug on the floor with toys splattered all around it. I frowned as toys weren't the only thing splattered everywhere. Blood had stained the rug and some stuffed animals. There was a small closet in the back of the room. I made my way over there in hopes of finding some more clean toys.

As I opened the door a walker tackled me to the ground making me yell for help from Daryl. I tried to grab for the gun Daryl had given me, but every time I attempted to, the walker got too close to biting my face off. I used all the strength I had to finally push the walker off and kick him back into the wall. As the walkers back hit the wall a arrow flew straight into it’s brain. As I panted, I got up and ran to hug Daryl.

“That’s the second time thats happened today.” I mumbled into his chest and pulled away to find a smirking Daryl.

“Sounds like you need to be more careful.” I smiled at him.

“Thanks for saving me.” I realized Daryl still had his arms around me and mine around him. I held Daryl’s gaze. Then I finally did what I’ve been wanting to do since last night. I kissed Daryl. This probably wasn't the right time or place. I told myself this just couldn't happen multiple times. It's a zombie apocalypse. Daryl's a older guy. There was just so many reasons why this would ruin everything. But I did it. I just hope Daryl feels the same way.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Angela finally made a move! Woah. How do you think Daryl will react?

Also I just realized I forgot to put a author's note on the last page. Oops! But I wanted to say thank you all to the people who are reading my 'book' and a special thank you to the people who leave nice comments. You all got me to the second page when you search "Daryl Dixon". I'm the 21st 'book'. So thanks again!

So comment below what you think will happen or what you liked. Also vote? Thanks guys! See you next Monday! ~ Amanda