Page 9

I ran as fast and careful as I could be, turning left and right. I have still seen no sign of Lori and Carl. I placed my hands on my knees and bended over slightly, trying to catch my breath. As I left my guard down, a moan filled my ears and next thing I knew I was pinned on the floor. I kicked everywhere. I mentally shook my head at the stupid decision of not taking my knife out.

 "Dary! Help somebody!" I screamed for my life. Until the walker fell limp. I hadn't realized I had closed my eyes, until a small yet manly hand took my hand helping me up. It was Carl. I nearly knocked him over with my hug, while murmuring a "Thank you." to him. He pulled away awkwardly with a small smile.

 "Walkers!" Lori's voice echoed out throughout the holes making me realize her presence. I put my left arm around her waist and finally took out my knife with the right. The three of us ran to who knows where. Finally Carl pulled ahead and found a door.

 "C'mon! In here." He held the door open for us and I helped Lori inside. Carl's struggle to shut the door echoed this room. Once Carl had shut the door completely Lori let out a shriek. I jumped and looked terrified at her. I moved forward putting my hand to her stomach.

 "What's happening?"I asked. Lori steadied herself on the edge of a nearby desk.

 "I think the babys coming." I froze. Right now? I can't deliver this baby. What do I do? What if Lori turns? What if the baby is a walker? I've never even seen a baby being delivered.

 When I actually looked to see what was happening Lori was with her back on the floor, screaming. I bended down to her and spreaded her legs. Then went with what I saw in movies.

 "Okay. Breathe Lori," I inhaled and exhaled demonstrating for her. "Now push."

 "What's happening?" Carl asked. I looked at my hand that was now full of blood. Then I looked at Lori who looked like she might faint or worse. She let out another scream.

 "What are you doing? Help her!" I shooked my head, annoyed. At this point Lori looked at me with defeat.

 "Angela, this is my C section scar. I need you to do this. Okay?" I shook my head, tears streaming down my face. I can't do this. Not me. I just met her and I'm going to have to take her life away for her baby to live. Lori turned to Carl.

 “Carl, baby I don’t want you to be scared, okay? This is what I want. This is right. Now, you take care of your Daddy for me, alright? And your little brother or sister, you take care of them. You’re gonna be fine. You’re gonna beat this world, I know you will. You are smart, and you are strong, and you are so brave. And I love you. You gotta do what’s right, baby. You promise me you’ll always do what’s right? It’s so easy to do the wrong thing in this world. So if it feels wrong, don’t do it, alright? If it feels easy, don’t do it. Don’t let the world spoil you. You’re so good. My sweet boy. The best thing I ever did. I love you. I love you, my sweet, sweet boy, I love you." I stared at them. I could just see all the crap this world put them through. I could see that Lori had her fair share of mistakes, but that didn't matter. Because all she wanted. All she needed to know was that Carl, Rick, and her baby would be safe. They will beat this world. All I know now, is that I'm going to help them through this.

 Lori laid her head and spoke her last words. "Goodnight love." Then I took my knife and cut along her C section scar. Lori's scream filled the room.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Authors Note: I just want to say thank you so much for getting my story to 1000+ reads! That means so much to me. I never thought I'd get over 100. I'm just amazed. I'm also #36 when you look up "Daryl Dixon" That's so great! I'm so happy. Also have any of you seen the trailer for season 4? It's just perfect. Can't wait for October! Anyways comment on what you thought about the story and vote! Have a nice day. ~ Amanda