Page 4

"Uh, well, yes. I was with a group, at the beginning of all of this. I had been seperated from my family. My mom, dad, and older brother. I was scared and lost. I ran as far away as I could from the freaks, but they were literally everywhere."

  Don't cry. Don't. I knew it wasn't the smartest idea to lie to these people. But if I told them the truth, I don't know what they'd do or how they'd look at me. I decided to only lie to them about what went wrong with the group.

 "Well, eventually I found other survivors. I think it was only about 2 days after this thing had gotten serious. All I had was my backpack, some food, water, and a pocket knife. I remember thinking I wasn't going to live much longer." I was trying so hard to fight the tears, and I felt a huge lump settling in my throat.

 "I was out looking for supplies, hoping to find more food, or maybe a better weapon. I didn't find anything, and it was starting to get dark, so I started to make my way back to where I was camping out when at least 7 walkers showed up. I knew my pocket knife wasn't going to help with that many walkers, so I started to run. I kept running until I got rid of them, and when I finally stopped to take I breath I realized I had no idea where I was, or how to get back. After a few minutes of walking, I heard gunshots. I ran towards where they were coming from, hoping to find some people who could help me."

 I looked around and saw everyone listening intently. I don't know if it was just me, but Daryl seemed especially interested. Probably just me. 

 "I got closer to where the gunshots were coming from, and I saw three men fighting off some walkers." I looked down and I could feel everyone staring at me. "One of the men spotted me and took me to their camp while the others killed off the rest of the walkers. There were five men in total, and only one other girl, but she looked capable enough to fend for herself." I paused. The only lie I could think of for this story was that the group got over-run and I was the only one that got away. So that's what I told everyone. Then I excused myself to 'get some rest', but really I just wanted to be alone. I guess someone didn't get the message, because I heard a tap on my tent, that Rick kindly gave me when I asked because I didn't fell that comfortable here yet. I start slowly unzipping the tent, and to my surprise, I see Daryl.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: Don't forget to comment and vote. Love you all who are reading this! ~ Amanda P.