Page 10

"Stop! You're killing her!" Carl cried out as Lori's body fell limp. I wiped away my tears before making my way to get the baby.

~

Carl handed me his over shirt and I wrapped the new baby girl up in it. I stood up ready to get out of here. While praying the walkers had left.

"Wait! We can't just leave her here," Carl started drifting off. "She'll turn." I stared at Carl not wanting to say what had to be done. Watching as Carl's face hit realization and his eyes start to fill with tears.

"No," Carl finally let out. "She's my mom." I looked at Carl, then to Lori's lifeless body. I had nothing left to say. I made my way to the door and checked to see if the walkers were still there. They weren't. I sighed with relief. But jumped as a gunshot echoed through the room. Carl walked by me with a blank face. I had no words. I followed behind Carl with the baby cradled in my arms.

~

The baby started to cry as we made our way out of the cell block. Making it three people crying walking back to our group. As I looked out only Rick, T-Dog, Glenn, Daryl, and Hershel with his daughters were there. I had more tears fall with the loss off Carol.  Rick looked at me blankly, then dropped the weapon in his hand and shook his head.

"W-where is she?" Rick asked me. I couldn't answer through my tears. I just shook my head. Rick started to make his way into the prison, but I quickly grabbed him by his arm to have him look at me. I shook my head again. That was it. Rick broke down. I looked to Carl and tears streamed down his face.

Glenn had Maggie in a hug as she cried. Hershel comforted Beth. T-Dog and Daryl stood with hurt looks. Daryl's worse. Probably because of the lose of Carol. A feeling of hurt and jealousy hit me. I mentally slapped myself for having such a selfish thought. All eyes went to Rick as he picked his weapon and made his way into the prison.

"Rick!" Hershel called out, but it was too late. He marched in their ready to kill every walker in his way.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: Hey guys! Don't be afraid to leave me comments! So keep voting and see you again next Monday. ~ Amanda