1. honey

H

Harry tilted his head back and stretched his arms out on either sides of his aching body, the cold rush of the December air washing over him in unforgiving waves. His curls whipped across his cheeks, jacket snapping against his torso, and he couldn't help but let out a loud shout that echoed off of the mountain sides and made the birds scatter.

The warmth spreading in his chest was unfamiliar, filled with some emotion he believed he would never be able to feel again. He didn't realize how much he longed for it until just then, how much he'd missed it. How much he'd wish to be free.

Harry dropped his arms back down to his sides so his hands smacked against his hips, keeping his face towards the clouds and allowing himself those last few seconds more to just breathe, lungs expanding with fresh air and exhaling all of the sick and darkness residing in himself. His body snapped forward and his eyes flew open when the faint scent of alpha wafted up his sensitive nose, tugging his jacket tighter around his body as he walked quickly towards his house and disappeared inside, door closing soundly behind him.

--

Harry stared blankly up at the ceiling feeling numb and terrified all at the same time, fingers digging into the mattress and aching eyes wide, burning with exhaustion. His body refused to let slumber take over him, rather keeping him awake to watch over himself and his house, wolf wanting desperately to be safe.

He shuddered, ripples running just underneath his skin as a pained whine escaped his throat, back arching and jaw clenching. He ached, wanting the touch of another, but feeling too terrified to seek any comfort out. Harry didn't know anyone here, couldn't trust, and it was starting to take its toll on his weaker character.

He was breaking piece by piece and he had no one to put him back together.

--

He felt sluggish the next morning, shuffling down the stairs clinging to the wall for support as his knees wobbled, standing in the middle of the kitchen just staring when he finally managed to get there. The sky was clouded over and grey, making the day seem gloomy and cold and perfect for a bit of mourning over his lost innocence.

Harry pushed his fist into his eyes before shuffling towards the window to pull the drapes closed, shoulders hunched in to protect himself from the dangers of the outside world.