Halo. (Cas X Reader)

(If you want to listen to the song Halo by Beyonce that would prolly add a really cool effect to this.)

You were running, Cas along side you.   You smiled a devious grin as you pushed forward and bolted into the woods, dodging trees and brush.  He kept up the pace as much as he could until he finally stopped, gasping for breath.

"Y/n why are we running?" he said, in between breaths. 

"Because I hear there's a old vampire den around here. Its abandoned, but I want to see it. " you said, huffing. 

"Why? Dean wouldn't-" he began

"Oh hush, Dean can go do himself one more time." you said, annoyed at his goodness. 

"Lets break the rules for once." 

"Or twice. " he grumbled, but he smiled. 

"If you don't want to come you don't have to." you said.

"I want to, its fun. Even though I get the blame when we get into trouble. But its worth it."he sighed, still smiling. 

"Okay well lets pick up the pace, I want to be back before dusk." You muse and beging to run again. 

Castiel catches up with you and keeps by your side the rest of the way. 

"You did come prepared right?"he asked, as you dodged a fallen tree.

"Yeah, I brought a silver machete, to cut off their head." you said, worry filling your mind.

"Hey, don't worry about it. I'm sure its abandoned like you said."he said, happily.

"Yeah. I'm sure." You said uneasily, and jumped over a branch. 

He looked at you with a worried look, but before you knew it, you were at the den.  It was a log cabin, that looked like it had been caught on fire.  You pulled out your machete and began walking towards the doorway. 

"Wait." Cas said, with a warning tone. 

"What is it Cas?"you ask turning towards him.

"I know you got this and all, but I can't help but worry for your safety.  I care about you.. So please let me go first." he said, his blue eyes glinting in fear. 

You sighed shaking your head. You pointed towards the door with your machete, "Be my guest Angelface." you said.

"Thank you." he said and walked in front of me. 

He walked through the door way and immediately we heard hissing.  A female, blonde and brown eyed. She lunged out at Castiel and pinned him on the ground, baring her fangs as another, male vampire lunged at me.  I took a swing of my machete and he was done. I swung again at the girl and her head rolled on the floor.  But Cas was hurt. 

Blood swelled from his shoulder and began pouring out. 

"C-Cas??" you asked keeling down in front of him.

"I have pain in my shoulder." he winced. 

"I know I see that." you tried to laugh but guilty tears began to flow down your cheeks. 

"Please don't cry y/n I'm not going to die." Cas said, calmly. 

You wiped your tears and tried to smile, "I'm not crying, I'm just... you know what, screw you Cas I'm crying."  you sobbed. 

Castiel smiled and cupped your face and held it to his. 

"Don't worry about me. I promise, I'm okay." he whispered.

"Cas for once, please just see the situation in front of you." you pleaded, as flashbacks of previous hunts you went on with Castiel ran through your head.  You always got into trouble, Dean and Sam had to come up to save you and then you put the blame on Cas, and hell yeah, it took it.  Dean didn't really believe it, but Cas always defended you.  Your thoughts were interupted by Cas's soft chuckle. 

"What?" you sniffed.

"Y/n I'm fine. You were so worried about me, you didn't see me, heal." he said, kindly, lifting his jacket to show his wound was fine, completely healed. 

Anger boiled in you for a second for letting yourself freak out like that and you didn't know what else to do other than punch him. 

"Ouch that hurt!"he said, rubbing his shoulder. 

"I'm sorry. I just.. I just.."you said, your face burning red. 

"I love you too, y/n."  he said, smiling.  

Your blush grew, and you stayed silent for a while, but you hugged him tight. 

"I wish I treated you better." you breathed.

"You treat me like how I should be treated, with love. " Cas said softly.  

You look at him and smile. 

"I would do anything for you, you know that, right?" he whispered.

"Yeah, you prove it every day.  I wish my actions would do the same." you sighed.

"But, y/n they do. Everytime you ask me to join you on a hunt, I feel so honored you chose me.  Every moment you choose to spend with me, I cherish because I would spend it with no other person." he said softly. 

Tears welled up in your eyes as you blinked them away, 

"I still feel like you deserve so much more..." you whispered.

"You're right, y/n. I deserve much more. So I am very desperate when I ask of this, will you be with me for the relationship?" Castiel said, caressing your face. 

"Y-yes.  I promise I will be with you." you said, joy filling your heart. 

"Come on, y/n lets go home. You smell of vampire blood." he laughed and took your hand and you zapped back into the empty bunker.