Chapter 25: A Turn For The Worse

*Violet’s POV*

            I had been traveling in dreamland when a churning in my stomach rudely interrupted my slumber. I awoke, feeling extremely nauseous; trying to fight it back I grasped at my torso, but the urge to throw up only got worse. Noah stirred beside me, and not wanting to wake him I exited my room and power walked to the bathroom.

            At walking in I dove for the toilet and once more emptied the contents of my stomach, which wasn’t much. This time I threw up more than once, so by the time I was done I weakly lay on the cold tiled floor. I felt extremely light headed, plus the fact that I was now emptied out didn’t make matters any better for me.

            After some time I decided to get up and try to go supplement my body. One thing that Elizabeth had taught me when she was helping me recover from my ED was to always supplement. I crept down the stairs, not wanting to disturb Garrett, who appeared to have crashed on the couch. I guess he hadn’t wanted to sleep in the guest room.

            Carefully and oh so quietly I walked over to the sink and poured myself a glass of water.

“Rude awakening?” Garrett’s voice startled me and I nearly spilled the drink all over myself.

            I spun around to see that Garrett was now sitting up and looking over at me curiously. His hair was tousled everywhere, and I could tell that he had not slept well due to the bags under his eyes.

“Yeah, you could say that,” I got over my scare and set the cup back down on the counter, “Have you been awake this whole time?”

“I usually wake up before sunrise, so I’ve been awake since,” he admitted, getting up from the couch and walking over to where I stood.

            My gaze followed his every move, still unsure about him being around. But I had been desperate yesterday and had no one else to turn to. Calling him could either have been a mistake or a way to make amends with him. I still hadn’t decided which it was.

“So you heard me getting sick?” I asked, staring at the water that remained in my cup. I didn’t dare look up at him.

“I did,” he calmly said, “Got the flu or something?”

            He reached up to take a glass out of the cupboard, and I watched as he poured himself some water.

“Don’t know…”

            My phone started vibrating. I had not realized that I had left it on the counter from last night. I padded over to it, not bothering to check whom it was. Not like a lot of people had my number anyway.

“Hello,” I said into the device.

“Hey you,” I would recognize that voice anywhere.

“Niall!” I cried, rather surprised that he was calling me so early.

“How are you guys over there?” I was about to reply when a sharp pain began in my lower abdomen. I took in a sharp breath, trying to hold back any noise, “Violet?” I heard his voice fill with concern.

“Uhm, Niall. I have to go. But I assure you that everything is fine,” I quickly told him, not being able to stand the pain that was intensifying.

“Violet, don’t do this,” I heard him begin to say, but I hit the end call button, tossed the phone on the counter and ran to the nearest bathroom.

            I threw up for the fourth time this morning, not feeling any better than the times before this. Garrett must have followed me in there because he was now beside me, rubbing circles on my back.