Chapter 12: Recovery Seemed So Close

*Niall’s POV*

My anxiety was rising by the second just by having to sit in this waiting room. I looked around at the other lads that sat near me, their faces filled with just as much concern as mine. Even that idiot that Violet had brought home was here, Garrett. I shook my head, trying to stop from angering myself, especially at a time like this I tried distracting myself by staring at the wall, but that wasn’t any better, the wallpaper was hideous. What was it with hospitals and ugly wallpapers; it depressed people. So I took my train of thoughts back to what had occurred at the hotel.

The moment I saw Violet fall to the floor, I dived to catch her. But since Liam was the one closest to her, he caught her just in time. Her head lolled to the side, her lips slightly parted; she was out cold, and I really had no clue why. We immediately alerted Paul and rushed her to the closest hospital. Since then we have not received much news about her. Just that doctors had seen her and that Elizabeth was here to evaluate the situation.

“Do you think she will be okay?” I heard Zayn whisper to Harry and Louis.

“She has to be okay, she is a fighter,” Harry said confidently.

At hearing that conversation Louis narrowed his eyes but instead of answering he shrugged, and stared off into space. I watched him, feeling as if he knew something I didn’t. Violet had been getting close to him, since he played the role of an older brother. So in an attempt to get more information on her I slipped out my phone and texted Paul, hoping he could at least alert us of any news.

To Paul:

How is she? We are getting anxious out here!

I hit the send button, and soon after I heard Garrett grunt in disapproval. I looked up at him and frowned.

“What’s your problem?” I spat out.

“I don’t know, you” he shot back without hesitation.

“Can you two stop it?” Louis stepped in, “You are acting like two year olds!”

Garrett opened his mouth to protest, but my phone buzzed making everyone turn to look at me. I picked up my phone and opened up the new text to read.

To Niall:

Doctors say she needs to stay here, she may be sent to a behavioral health center for a couple of days. I suggest you guys head back to the hotel. There isn’t much more you guys can do.

I let out a shaky breath before leaning over and handing the phone to Liam so he could see the text. Liam read it and solemnly nodded.

“Paul just told Niall that it is best if we go back to the hotel. There isn’t anything we can do from here” he announced.

“But do they know what happened to Violet?” Harry asked.

“They can’t just leave us hanging like this!” Zayn protested.

“She hasn’t been eating” we all turned to see Elizabeth leaning against the entrance of the waiting room.

“She relapsed?” Garrett stood up.

Relapsed, what is that?

“I’m afraid so. She has been lying to all of us” she ran her hand down her face in exasperation, “I thought she was doing so well...” her voice cracked.

“Hey, it will be okay” Liam walked up to her and pulled her into a hug.

Elizabeth let herself sink into his embrace, letting out a long sigh.

“Her case is getting really bad, she weighs 96 pounds” she pushed away from Liam, and began to frantically search her pockets.

The room went silent; I knew her sickness was bad. But I honestly had no clue it was that bad. How could I have been so blind?