Chapter 2: Landing in New Terrains

*Violet's POV*

"Do you want anything to eat before we land?" the damn lady asked me for the hundredth time.

Really, what is it with people worrying about my weight? Can't they see how fat I am! They should be motivating me to lose weight, not gain it.

"No thank you," I managed to say through gritted teeth.

I looked out the window and stared at the swirling clouds. It was daytime again and I still couldn't believe my uncle had really sent me off. I knew nothing about this man, and I really was looking forward to making his life a living hell. I smiled to myself, just thinking of the things I would do so he would send me back.

"We will be landing in the London Airport in ten minutes. Please put on your seatbelts when you are ordered," the quirky flight attendant said.

She seriously needed to put on some clothes. She looked like a lost stripper, like really....whore.

"Are you excited about being in a new country?" the nurse asked, trying to make small talk with me.

I just turned to look at her, my eyes dull and unexpressive. She took the hint and turned back to flipping through her magazine. I sighed; I really didn't want things to turn out this way. All I really wanted was to end it all, so I could just stop being such a burden to everyone.

"Fuck this shit," I muttered and huffed in frustration.

*~Later~*

This guy, Paul, hadn't even gone to pick me up. He sent a fucking driver! So now I was sitting in a small black car, getting taken to wherever the hell this guy was. I still had to say that the place was pretty breathtaking. London was way nicer than the slum where I used to live at. No offense to Portland or anything...

"We will be arriving at the hotel soon," the driver called out to me through the little window.

"Hotel?" I asked, clearly confused.

The driver didn't seem to hear me and continued on driving. Yeah, okay, sir, pretend you didn't hear me. I dug around in my carry-on bag and took out my cell. I texted my uncle a quick message.

To: Uncle Alex

Have you changed your mind yet? Because I did! I promise not to cause any more trouble, please take me home.

To: Violet

Sorry pumpkin, my mind has been made up. You are stuck over there until further notice. Have fun!

"Damn you!" I cursed.

The car rolled to a stop in front of a big fancy hotel. I peered up and gapped at how huge it was. My eyes were probably the size of saucers and my mouth was hanging open. I noticed a guy walk out of the hotel, he walked up to the car and pulled the door open.

"Hello Violet," he greeted with a big dopey smile, "I'm Paul, ready to come up?" He had a rich Irish accent.

I nodded, being at a loss for words. This guy was huge; no wonder and it made me wonder what he did for a living. I wondered if he could crush with one hand.

"Bernie, pop the trunk," he told the driver, and then went around to pick up my luggage.

I slowly scooted out of the seat and tentatively stepped out of the car. I looked around, taking in my new surroundings. Paul came up beside me, lugging my bags and gestured for me to follow him inside. We walked into the very fancy lobby and headed over to the elevator. Once inside we stood there awkwardly.

"I'm sure that Alex filled you in on my job," he said, clearing his throat.

"He didn't say much, just that you traveled a lot," I told him.