Chapter 8: Group Therapy

Traveling with the guys wasn’t so bad. Sure they always kept the place like a complete pigsty, but I enjoyed their company. It kept my mind off of all the bad things. I have also been getting a lot closer to Niall; he continues to sleeps with me every night, still helping me keep those dreaded nightmares away. But ever since that first night, nothing else has happened. I didn’t dare initiate anything, not like he liked me that way anyway. We were just friends.

            Today though was my first day to join group therapy with Elizabeth’s group of misfits. I had been attending my own appointments, and she had gotten me started on a meal plan, fun right? I was also put on some medication that supposedly would help my mood and shit. Haven’t really felt a difference, then again it has been like four days. Now, back to this whole group therapy stuff; it is apparently going to help me with my social skills.

            I was in the waiting room of Elizabeth’s office where Paul had dropped me off a few minutes ago. He had to go back to the boys that were going to have an interview on some T.V. show. Now I was left to awkwardly sit and wait for the rest of the members to show up. I looked around and saw a blonde girl with random chunks of her hair dyed with multiple colors. She was wearing a Bob Marley sweater and was snapping a rubber band consistently on her wrist.

Snap Snap

            With each snap I could feel my own skin prickle. I bet she is really be enjoying that soothing pain. She must have felt my gaze on her, because she looked right at me. Her dull blue eyes looked somewhat interested in me.

“You here for the group thing?” her voice was raspy.

I nodded, “are you?”

“Isn’t t obvious? I’m pretty fucked” she snapped the rubber band even harder, and she let out a low hiss.

            That snap must have really hurt, because she actually stopped the snapping. She rolled up her sleeve enough to reveal that her arm was covered in cigarette burns and more snap marks. Call me sick, but I actually admired her battle scars. I might even consider them beautiful.

“What’s with the staring?” she rolled her sleeve up even more, “You don’t say much, do you?” she visibly picked on one of the scabbing scars.

“I guess I don’t have anything to say” she looked at me with a bit more interest.

“Can’t wait to hear your story, this could be interesting” she smiled slyly.

            As if on cue the boy I had met in the restaurant a few days ago and two other teens walked in through the office door. One was a boy and the other a girl, but they appeared to be twins. He immediately caught sight of me, a huge grin covering his face. He took the seat next to mine and held out his hand.

“Remember me?” I took his hand.

“How could I forget?” his smile widened.

            The blonde girl had started to talk to the twins, but her attention was caught when she noticed Garrett and I talking.

“You guys know each other?” she looked a bit irritated.

“Yeah, we met last week” Garrett never took his eyes off of me as he said that.

            Blondie over there didn’t look too thrilled about that. She gave me a nasty look and then went back to conversing with the odd twins.

“Welcome everyone, sorry I’m late” Elizabeth appeared from one of the other doors.

“About fucking time” blondie rose from her seat and walked past Elizabeth into the conference room where we were going to meet.