Chapter 10: Struggling to Adapt

The rest of the guys had taken the news of my supposed date fairly well. Even Louis, when he got back from hanging out with the mysterious Eleanor was pretty hyped about it; which also brings me to the topic that I still need to meet the boy's girlfriends. Well anyway, the only one that has been acting weird since I announced this said date is Niall. In a way I feel bad, but its have not like he and I have anything. Plus, Garrett is someone I just met and I am not planning on building bonds that strong, yet.

To Violet:

I'm on my way, see you soon! xx

I smiled down at the text message.

"Why are you smiling at your crotch?" Louis demanded from his seat at the table.

He was doing a twitcam, apparently answering questions to some fans. I had decided to chill in his room before I left since the rest of the boys seemed to be busy.

"I am not..." I got up to peer over his shoulder, and I immediately saw questions pop on the screen, wondering who I was.

"Oh, this weirdo?" Louis glanced over at me, "This is Violet."

"Hi" I waved into the camera, flashing my best smile.

Instantly more messages popped up, asking for my age and how I was related to Louis. I smiled at the thought of his fans being curios about ordinary old me. My phone went off again, indicating that Garrett was here.

"Well Louis, I have to go. Garrett is here" I picked up my sweater and bag, "See you later."

I waved into the camera again. Another barrage of questions shot up on the screen.

"Violet has a date" Louis told his fans, "Now Violet, I want you home by eleven, and if he dares to lay a finger on you I will personally deal with him."

"Okay dad" I opened the door to leave, "I'll make sure to have hot steamy sex with him before I come home tomorrow."

"Violet!" I heard him scream before I slammed the door shut.

I made a beeline for the elevator, before the older lad decided to run after me. He was the oldest of the bunch and even though he acted like a clown, he had a natural instinct to act like an older brother. Liam had mentioned that he had like four sisters.

The elevator reached the lobby and I stepped out. I spotted Garrett's car and approached it. He was leaning against it, arms crossed over his chest. This eerily resembled one of those cheesy teen movies where the male lead goes to pick up his date.

"Trying to look sexy?" I raised an eyebrow.

"I am pretty sure I was succeeding" he acted offended.

"Not even close" I laughed.

We climbed into the car and we set off to wherever he was taking me. I started to mess around with his radio, not really finding anything good playing on the radio. Suddenly I heard a familiar beat; I recognized it as one of the boy's songs.

"You like One Direction?" his mouth was tugging up into a smirk.

"Nah, but I hear they are really cool lads" I decided to play along and see how far this got before I spilled to him that I lived with them.

"Cooler than me?" he gasped.

"I don't know, maybe" I turned up the volume of the song, mainly to annoy him.

'If I'm louder, would you see me?

Would you lay down

In my arms and rescue me?